just returned from las vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 11:26 AM
lh

hi,

i just returned from a few days in vegas and thought i'd post what i enjoyed and didn't enjoy

3 Must Dos
-------

O - a Cirque de Soleil show at the Bellagio. this show takes place over a pool of water and is amazing. i have seen 3 other Cirque shows and this is the best (this show is much better than Mystere which is at Treasure Island). however, the tickets are expensive (either $110 or $90).

Star Trek - The Experience at Las Vegas Hilton
- Awesome for ST or sci-fi fans but also worthwhile for non-fans
- it really is an experience
- AAA members get 20% off

The top of the Stratosphere
- best view of LV and the surrounding mountains
- i went there before sunset and stayed a couple of hours as it turned dark
- amazing to see the planes line up in the sky to land and takeoff

A drive to Red Rock Canyon which is 20 miles outside of The Strip

Not Bad
-------

1. there is a "Atlantis" simulator ride at Caesars. it's fun but short

2. the Michael Jordan IMAX at Luxor - entertaining if you like MJ and Basketball

Stay Away
---------

1. The TREX IMAX at Luxor - this is so BAAAAD... there are very few dinosaurs in this show... it mostly focuses on a father and daughter who are palentologists... the creators of this show should be sued for false advertising

2. Skintight- a new show at Harrahs - the dancers try hard but it's boring.

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Maggy

How quickly does it cool down in the evening, and how cool does it get?

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 06:48 AM
LVLarry

Maggy:

I depends on the time of the year. During the summer months, it will stay hot until the wee hours of the morning. It may not go below 80. In the spring and fall, it cools off pretty rapidly and will go down into the 40's and 50's. In the winter it will get downright chilly very quickly and could get down into the 30's or lower.

These are only generalizations and may not be what you experience. I have seen snow in April and 115 in May.

Old Sep 10th, 2000, 12:58 PM
anna

My kids thought the Imax Atlantis attraction was "lame, totally lame" (and ridiculously overpriced, as are most such attractions in Vegas).

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 03:28 PM
cindy

How do you get the AAA discount at the Star Trek experience? Just show your card at the ticket counter, or do you need to buy tickets in advance?