Search

Just back from Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Susie

Just back from Maui

Aloha! We're just back from an 8 night stay at the Elua condos in Wailea. had a 2 bedroom unit and it was great--not in the best condition, but clean and we had washer & dryer, kitchen and daily maid service. I would advise trying a unit at the Eluas in the 800-1000 address range--we were in the 400's with an ocean view and it was 5 mins away from the beach. fine, BUT...there is a great pool area adjacent to the beach. We also had mice (eek). The beach has some of the best snorkeling (we saw everything from octopi to a sea turtle) and you just wade out to it! We paid the $265 rate one day for a stay at the next door Grand Wailea (room from 10 am-7pm) so the kids could use the pools and we could watch and drink umbrella drinks. The Ulua beach (beneath Elua condos) and Wailea beach (next door) are both lovely clean, sandy beaches. Ther is a beautiful new enormous Safeway on the highway on the way to Wailea, great for shopping. The Wailea Village mall was wonderful--great dinner at the Tommy Bahamas restaurant. Day trips to the volcano and to Lahaina (where I would spend a whole day)were great. Didn't do road to Hana as we didn't want to "do" 6 hours with 3 kids in the car. Any questions? We had a relaxing time--rented a sailboat at Wailea beach, great boogie boarding, 85 degrees, partly cloudy. Eat lots of pineapple!!! Glad to be home, though. Aloha!

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Susie

Forgot to say, about the Grand Wailea: it is stunningly beautiful, but our kids were just as happy to have had only one day there--felt as though once you'd spent one day "doing" the pools, you'd get tired of them after awhile. Spa is luxurious, expensive, but lovely.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Laura

Susie,
From a mom who is planning a trip to hawaii with 2 kids I appreciate your info. Sounds like you had a great time!
Laura

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:36 PM
hugh

is it 6 hours both ways to Hana or a 6 hour round trip?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:39 PM
e

6 hrs total(3 each way)

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Morg

Thank you Susie. Wife and I are going to Wailea 3/03. Never been there, always visited Kaanapali. Thank you for the update, it is helpfule. Aloha!