Reload this Page >

June travel to Alaska

Search

June travel to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 02:44 PM
ray

June travel to Alaska

We are thinking about taking the "Glacier cruise" on the Princess line in early to mid June. Can anyone give me the pros and cons for this time of year???

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 05:05 AM
Ray

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:56 AM
jean

We were in June this year and it was great. Weather for the most part was short sleeves to light jacket. We did the "Glacier cruise" also, and really enjoyed it. The cruise was great, and saw a lot of nice scenery. However, we enjoyed our 2 weeks inland Alaska before the cruise better. As far as the time, I did not have any complaints - thought it was an excellent time to go.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Karen

We were on a cruise/tour in late June last year. We were on Holland America with three cruise nights and off at Skagway for inland tour for eight days. Inland, even along the shoreline, was very warm, wished we had brought shorts. The time on the ship was very overcast, foggy, couldn't see the shoreline most of the time. I agree that the inland tour is the way to go...really made the trip fantastic.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Rudy

It could be very cold on the deck of the ship, which is where you would want to be, in order to hopefully catch a glacier "calving", so bring along a jacket to keep you warm, and possibly a scarf or hat in case it's windy.

June is a great time of year, but you might catch some rainy days. We did have some light, wet snow in Juneau, and in Denali, which turned to rain, but it felt very raw.

The scenery and wildlife will NOT disappoint you. Have a great time!