June Lake CA. Double Eagle Resort

Aug 14th, 2001, 03:29 PM
anne

June Lake CA. Double Eagle Resort

Hi, has anyone visited June Lake Ca. near Mammoth...is it worth a visit. And more specifically has anyone stayed at the Double Eagle resort? Thanks for your input.
I apologize if this looks like a double post -- i'm having trouble for some reason posting to the California forum.
thanks,
anne

Aug 14th, 2001, 06:17 PM
gail

We stayed in a cabin one winter visit. It was awful. The place was pretty dumpy. It did not have a glamourous name like your hotel so it probably was just our thriftiness that led us to make this questionable choice.What I noticed was that there was certain areas near the little town which were not kept up well. Traveling in December is a whole different experience. I would make sure to use a CSAA guide for ratings or check out the website (if they have one).

Aug 15th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Suzie

Drove through June Lake last summer and thought the whole town was a huge disappointment. Seemed really dumpy as gail says. Drove by the Double Eagle, as I had seen it advertised all over Mammoth, it looked new and nice. I imagine that June Lake must look different in the winter. Hope someone has better info for you.

Aug 15th, 2001, 04:41 PM
Kim

We stayed at the Double Eagle last February and had a wonderful time. New cabins, wonderful spa/pool, nice restaurant. We plan on going back again this winter.

Aug 18th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Judi

Anne, you don't say what time of year you will visit. In summer, most people go to June Lake to fish, in which case Big Rock Resort is a good location right on the lake with several docks, good cabins, really nice owners. My in-laws have rented a cabin there for the past ten summers for a couple weeks each time. In the winter there is skiing at June Mountain. I don't know how that is. The June Lake loop consists of about three alpine lakes, very beautiful, but not too much to do there. By the way, in the winter the Tioga Pass road through Yosemite is usually closed.

Aug 18th, 2001, 10:20 AM
anne

Thanks for all your kindnesses in taking the trouble to reply...we just plan to stay there to relax and get away from so.cal traffic for awhile, maybe do some hiking...I do have reservations at the Double Eagle, and I'll write a report when we come back...

Aug 18th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Suzie

Anne, I for one would love to hear a trip report from the Double Eagle. Hope you have a good time.

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Mary

Anne, how was the resort?