July vacation with 3 year old

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family which includes me a husband and a three year old will be going on vacation the third week of July. Where should we go? We will leave from Memphis, TN. Unless it is less than a few hours we will probably fly. We are go and do vacationers rather than beach vacationers. Last year we went to Charleston and Kiawah. It was the best of both worlds. Where do you recommend?
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:22 PM

Maybe Boston or San Diego.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM

If you're not set on a US destination why not try Montreal, Canada? It's a great city with tons going on in the summer,plenty to keep go and do vacationers busy! There are festivals galore, culture, history, a new language...you name and Montreal has it!

Layla
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:38 PM

San Diego would be my first choice. Fun stuff for your three-year-old and you. Zoo, aquarium, beach (go to Encinitas), harbor cruise, La Jolla to see the sea lions, play on the beach at Hotel Coronado. We went 2 yrs ago when our son was 4 and we had a great time. Oh! You MUST go to Legoland if you go to San Diego and we found a place on the side of the road where you can pick strawberries near Legoland and that was fun, too, but our son loves strawberries.

Chicago is fun, too. Or maybe Atlanta? But you've probably been there plenty of times. St. Louis?
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM

I recomend Disney world its right for all ages.
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM
LG2

Last year in June we went to Sesame Place in Langehorne, PA outside Philadelphia. You'll need to fly and rent a car. Spent 2 days at the park. Grandkids loved the Sesame Street characters, the rides, and water activities. Went to Philly to visit the Independence National Historic Park. The Please Touch Museum in Philly was great for all of the grandkids. Didn't have time for the Franklin Museum. Went to Hershey for the chocolate lovers and the few rides at Hershey's Chocolate World were cute (the amusement park nearby is for older kids). Other attractions we did not get to include Crayola Factory in Easton, Giggleberry Fair in Lahaska, Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park in Lancaster.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM

It appears my grandson replied to your question without my knowledge,yipes!!!! I personally would recommend St. Louis for a trip
from Memphis without too much travel, about five hours, and lots of family things to do. We were there recently with family and loved it. Then again there is always DW, which the grandson did love. : )
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM
WannabeinaMontserrat

The Carolina Mts. Plenty to do & see there.