Reload this Page >

Julian or Borrego Springs Ca.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:32 PM
c

Has anyone visited these areas. How are the bed and breakfast facilities. Is there alot to see in the area?

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Becky

I've been to only Julian. It is ok depending on what you are looking for. The town is compact and cute. Restaurants, antiques, etc. Enough for a quiet weekend, perhaps. There are a few B & B's there, but I remember wishing they were attached to more grassy land. The one's in town are cutely done houses in the neighborhood, but I do know there is one farther outside town where you can sleep in a treehouse room! (Search San Diego North County websites for that one.) All about 1 hour from San Diego. Very pretty countryside.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Glenda

In case you don't hear from someone in the San Diego area who can give you all the info, please know that Julian and Borrego Springs are two totally different areas. Julian is quite high with the usual mountain weather (snow in winter even). It is an apple tree growing area and they are famous for their apple pies. Borrego Springs is in the desert and I guess it is beautiful right now because of all the rain, but it will be very hot soon. I have not stayed at B&Bs there, but have looked at several at both places and they look very nice indeed. It all depends on the terrain that you want to see.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:37 AM
PS Local

We have stayed in both places. Borrego is more of a resort, sun and golf kind of place. Julian is more cutesy. The previous comment about climate is true. After mid-April to mid-October I would opt for Julian, as the temps in Borrego could wilt you, depending on how acclimated you are to heat.

You could run out of things to do in Julian after a couple days, other than hang out and relax, read, etc. The old mine tour is pretty fun. You can wine taste at the Witch Creek Winery and maybe one or two others. There are also a couple decent restaurants there. When we go we usually look to rent a cabin near town as opposed to the B&B's. Anyhow, we like it.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 08:09 AM
lori

Orchard Hill Country Inn in Julian is a beautiful bed and breakfast. I have stayed in more than 20 bed and breakfasts and this one was definitely one of the best. Here's the web site.www.orchardhill.com