Jekyll Island or St. Simons

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for a hotel on the beach in the $100 range? I will be there just for one night on business, but would love to be able to walk on the beach in the morning before heading off to appointments...if not, suggestions for restaurants with a deck on the beach?
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM

You can find a hotel on the beach in the $100 range on Jekyll, but not likely on St. Simons. Try searching on tripadvisor.com. I know there's a Clarion in that range on Jekyll.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Have you been there? That is part of the problem is to find one on the beach that has a good review...
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM

I have only stayed at the Jekyll Island Club, which is out of your price range (and the King & Prince and Sea Palms on St. Simons, again out of your range). I've seen some properties on Jekyll that appear from the outside to be a bit worn and aged. Living in Atlanta, I know lots of people who go to these places, and I recall hearing good reports about the Clarion. I also remember that it is one of the better looking ones.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:51 AM

For restaurants on Jekyll, I'd try Latitudes, which is not on the beach, but on the pier, in the historic district (Millionaires village). Can't think of any at St. Simons that have a deck on the beach, although in the pier village, there is an ok place facing the water. You can eat on the upstairs porch and the view is nice. This is a chicken wings/ burger/ beer kind of place. The hotels on the beach at Jekyll are, well, ok. I stayed at the Days Inn on business last Thurs., and I would stay there again. Ask for a second floor ocean view. The room I was in had a refrigerator and microwave, which is a big plus to me.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 04:06 AM
Doble_Vergasser

You might look for the Sea Gate Inn (St Simons). Short walk to the beach but no restaurant. I really do not know their prices but its worth researching.