jDisneyland or Universal Studios

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 12:27 PM
S.Rosa

jDisneyland or Universal Studios

WE will be going to Orlando Florida next Christmas for a vacation and will stay for 4 days. Do you have any recommendations on what the best Places to go?? We are taking a two 7 year olds, and two 2 year olds and several adults. It is hard finding a package for WDW and Universal Studios so I feel like we will have to choose. We are budget oriented. Also any info on packages???

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 03:20 PM
Shari

I would definetlyy reccommend that you go to WDW instead of Universal. Most of the attractions at Universal are geared to older kids with most of the rides being roller coasters. With only 4 days you will have more than enough to do in WDW. I would suggest a park hopper pass that gives you unlimited access to all Disney parks including Animal Kingdom and the water parks. The Animal Kingdom park is kind of disapointing compared to the other parks so if you run out of time save it for another trip. If you do go make sure to get there early and take advantage of the fast pass. Have fun

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:56 PM
Diane

Although Universal is loads of fun, I agree that it's geared more towards older kids & adults. I would suggest Disney's Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom as more suitable for your children's age group. Also, Sea World would be a great choice, with lots of fun shows, touch-tanks, etc. There are a few rides for the adults also - something for everyone & very relaxing. Epcot is strongly geared to adults, while MGM is again much like Universal. As far as water parks, it could be not quite warm enough at that time of the year...keep checking the weather as time gets closer...Also, for rooms - staying off property in Kissimee or Buena Vista, which is VERY close to the parks, can save you money (motels usually have shuttle buses to parks - check which parks before booking, if interested, they vary) if not renting a car. Also - the food in all parks can be quite expensive, as well as the drinks. Avoid the sit-down restaurants - the specialty or burger outlets have good food with plenty sitting areas & usually enough food to share with two people. Save the big meals for nightime when you're ready to relax. It will also be less expensive off-park.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:42 PM
Mimi

My husband and I strongly recommend staying on the WDW campus. Yes, it may be more expensive to do so, but it's nice after a long day of park hopping to take one of the Disney shuttles or the Metrorail back to your hotel and unwind. The themed resorts just finish off the magic that is Disney. (There's no question here as to which park you should visit !) Have fun!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:13 PM
annK

We got a great package from Liberty Travel August of last year and were very pleased with the package. It was for airfare/hotel/car for 7 nights and 8 days and the price was $750pp (for 2) from NYC.

The package also included more days of parks than we used and we still have a couple more days and we have been down twice since then. The Liberty package included Disney, Water parks and Universal. Try www.libertytravel.com

We had a great time. Enjoy.