Italian Restaurant in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are visiting NYC with some friends from Ireland who have never been overseas much less to NYC! Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice, fun restaurant with good Italian food? Actually, a fun, hip American restaurant would be helpful also! THANKS!
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM

There are probably more Italian restaurants than any other type in New York City--hundreds, perhaps thousands. So, the obvious questions:
1. How much do you want to spend?
2. Any particular area(s) of the city?
3. What type of Italian?
Etc., etc., etc.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

We were thinking moderately priced and location wise- it honestly doesnt matter. (We are staying in the Times Square area though.) I guess I am looking for a fun atmosphere with traditional food. The couple we are meeting have never had Italian food and are not real adventures! Its a weekend away without the kids and we havent seen each other in a long time, so not too loud either. Thanks for the reply!!
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Well, you've narrowed down somewhat.....still, "moderately priced" is not that helpful! It probably means one thing to you and something different to everyone else. Tell us in dollars and cents! And, further, does that dollar figure include tax, tip and drinks?
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:41 PM

I hope you are checking the other thread that asks pretty much the same question as yours.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:43 PM

Italian and fun, I always think Mangia e Bevi on 53rd and 9th. Good italian food (not the best) but very festive (also very loud, though). I don't think I've ever been there and there wasn't a bachelorette or birthday party going on.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 05:26 PM

If you are a bit more uptown, my FAVORITE Italian restaurant is Pomodoro on Columbus Ave just south of 72nd St. The food is wonderful, very well priced, there's outdoor seating, good wine list (again, well priced), and homemade bread that is wonderful. Be fun to sit and watch the city go by.

Take the #1 train to 72nd St and walk east a block to Columubs and turn right and you will see the restaurant across the street.

Have a GREAT time.