Islamorada Accomodations

Mar 30th, 2000, 06:11 AM
liz

Islamorada Accomodations

I am looking for recommendations on The Chesapeake Resort, The Coconut Cove Resort, The Coral Bay Resort, The Holiday Isle Resort, The Lime Tree Bay Resort, and/or The Pelican Cove Resort in Islamorada. We'd like a kitchenette, on the ocean verses the bay with a beach (I realize they are man-made)a pool, some watersports, bar, etc...We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 6,8,16)going down to Islamorada for a week of fishing, boating, snorkeling and relaxation. Thanks for the help.

Mar 30th, 2000, 10:07 AM
Sandy

Not sure you will like Holiday Isle. Jammed with teenager, not jammed overflowing with cars, beer etc. Wild time during the summer. Chesapeake Resort quiter just accross the inlet. For a sublime time try Cheeca Lodge. Not familiar with others and I am a frequent visitor to the Keyes. Might want to stay at Hawks Quay in Duck key, futher down outside of Marathon, but definately close to marvelous Key West.

Mar 30th, 2000, 10:18 AM
BYoung

I stayed at the Cheeca Lodge 2 years ago. Most rooms are like Condos. It would be great for a large family. It is by far the best place in Islamorada. We loved it, but not much of a beach.

Mar 31st, 2000, 05:06 AM
Anna

We chose The Moorings (www.themooringsvillage.com)over Cheeca Lodge and loved it. If you want a hotel - Cheeca might suit you better, but for unbderstated luxury (not to mention privacy and more beach space) - we thought that The Moorings won hands down !

Apr 21st, 2000, 05:41 PM
mtb

does the moorings have a beach or somewhere to relax ocean-side for 7 days? would couples go?

Apr 21st, 2000, 07:55 PM
susan

The Moorings is next door to the Cheeca Lodge and does have its own private beach. Rather than being a hotel, it's a group of individual cottages and they're very nice. I don't think they have a pool, but I may be mistaken...you should look up their web site. It's a very upscale place.

Search this Thread