Reload this Page >

special dinner on Marco Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 07:38 AM
steve

My brother and his wife are making a brief visit to marco island in early May. We would like to do something special for them, most likely a gift of a dinner at a great restaurant, preferably one on the bay with a good view and all. Anyone have suggestions? I am not at all familiar with the area.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 08:19 AM
Kate

When we went to Marco Island we did not find many good restaurants there. We drove into Naples and ate at a great restaurant on the water but I can not recall the name - I will try to find it. I would suggest driving to Naples for better dining.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Bart

Steve, we visit MI every year for the last 12. There are not a lot of great restaurants on the island as the above poster mentioned. We have found a good one on the Isle of Capri which is 5 minutes from MI. It's the Blue Heron and IMHO It is the best in the area. Naples has some nice restaurants- Maxwell's on the Bay but that is 30-45 minutes away. Can't go wrong with the Blue Heron.
Bart

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 10:13 AM
Lori

Several years ago my husband and i ate at a lovely little French restaurant on Marco. It was in with a bunch of strip stores, I remember a large place with t-shirts and stuff where you could rent rollerblades. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it, but the concierge at the Marriott recommended it.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 05:12 PM
mtb

This might not interest you but...
One of my favorite memories from MI was going to the local movie theater, which was also a restauraunt/dinner! It was positioned just so that each table could fully see the large screen, and a waitress came by to serve drinks/dinner every so often. Maybe you'll try it anyway.