Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is Washington,DC really busy on Easter Weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Debbie

Hi, I know this sounds like a silly question but I was thinking of taking a trip to Washington,DC this weekend (Easter) and there seems to be alot of availability for Hotels and flights. Will it be really busy there this weekend? Is it a popular time to visit? Anbody out there visit Wahington,DC on Easter weekend before? Thanks....

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Spider

It might be busy due to the cherry blossoms, but DC is big enough to handle enormous crowds. I don't think you should worry about it. Have a great time.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 04:57 PM
mjh

The crowds are much lower than usual although the cherry blossoms and Easter vacations will definitely boost the number of people in town. I agree with the last poster -- don't let that stop you. There's so much to see and do and the blossoms, which are expected to be out by the end of the month, are breathtaking. The weather's much better now than in the hot, humid summer.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Debbie

Spider and MJH,Thanks for the great responses!! I'll start making my plans right now! First trip to DC.
Can't wait. Debbie

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Ann

Actually, Easter weekend is pretty calm in DC. So many people who live in DC and the burbs are not from here that a signficiant segment of the city empties out on certain holiday weekends. Just try driving from DC to Pittsburgh on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, or Good Friday, or anytime around Christmas and you'll see what I mean.