Is Tillicum Village worth it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to go to Tillicum Village on our July Seattle trip. (2 grandparents, 2 parents, 16 year old & 10 year old) Can anyone tell me about it? I have read that it is "touristy", but we have been to "real" native american villages in NM so we don't need to see authentic. I'm hoping it is more "luau-style" and entertaining.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've not been myself, but I live in Seattle, and most people seem to really enjoy it. I'm guessing your "luau-style" description might be accurate.

Anyone else?
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM

I've lived in Seattle for a very long time and I don't know anybody who has been to Tillicum Village, but it must be offering something tourists want because it seems to keep busy year after year--much like the Underground Tour which I took and found to be a waste of time and money (but is wildly popular with out-of-towners).
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Our children really enjoyed it. When we lived in the area, the school always did a field trip there. So many parents wanted to go that the school had to use the lottery system for chapperones for this trip.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 07:41 AM

I really enjoyed it - the boat we took out there did a little tour of the harbor pointing out some areas of interest and beautiful views of the Seattle skyline.
You can stay on the island as long as you want - there are some hiking trails.
I thought the salmon we had was some of the best I had ever tasted.
I would recommend it. And I would say it more of a luau-style - with entertainment while you eat.

If I went again I would plan to spend more time on the island.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 08:46 AM

I've been there several times with visiting relatives, but must admit not recently. I do recommend the trip to anyone who asks, though. Boat trip is fun in itself, the food preparation by the Indians and the food itself were fine, and the native dance entertainment was something you don't see every day. Go.
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 09:10 PM

I've been in the last year and it is definitely touristy. The food is not world class, but it's okay. I would compare the show to a decent Hawaiian Luau, but of course with a Native American theme. Other's comments are right on that the boat trip and the Island are wonderful. If your crew can take a short hike, the Puget Sound views are some of the best to be found. In short, it is worth one visit. I feel like I've "been there done that" but yes, you should go.