Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone on line in New York right now?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 11:35 AM
Esme

Hello out there! Is anyone on line right now? What is the weather like with you? Are you expecting rain in the next couple of weeks? We could certainly do with a break from it at the moment - floods like we haven't seen! It's also getting quite chilly mornings and evenings but still some pleasant days if anyone is visiting UK in the near future.

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 11:53 AM
hamlet

I am..... but please don't tell my boss. It is a gorgeous day here in NY. About 70 degrees, sunny, and it's been great the past few days but a little cool in the morning. Maybe rain on Sunday or Monday but who knows after that!

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 12:27 PM
enuf

Jeez, Esme, would come already! You're starting to get on my nerves!

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 01:03 PM
nyer

Try weather channel!

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 05:26 AM
Esme

Hamlet, thank you - hope you're having a nice day!

Enuf - see a therapist, your nerves are obviously a problem - yours!

Nyer - okay.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:26 AM
xxx

esme if you want real time chatting, go to chat rooms, not a travel site

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 08:58 AM
Caitlin

Esme, we are currently having gorgeous weather, but it is unseasonable! Expect it to cool down in the next few weeks, and be 50-65 F depending on the whim of the weather gods and when you're out. Bring your umbrella; it's likely to rain a bit, but it doesn't usually last long.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 05:05 PM
tweedy

Esme, it was a beautiful day here today (Saturday), the temp was in the upper 70's and bright blue sky. A perfect day. So nice that we went to the beach, not to swim but to sit and read and enjoy the sun.

I can't promise it will be quite this nice when you get here, but keep you fingers crossed.

Looking forward to our dinner.

tweedy

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 06:11 PM
whoopie

Oh, let's alert the media...Tweedy and Esme dining together! Enough already!!

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 10:10 PM
tweedy

You know, first your opinion was not asked for nor is it necessary to post nasty things here....ever.

If you look at the site when you click in it asks for posters not to be rude.

Can't we do that. If you have a problem with reading my posts,,,,,easy, don't.

tweedy

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 05:08 AM
enuf

I'd say you're being rude and inconsiderate, Tweedy, by subjecting the rest of us to this twaddle!

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 11:34 AM
Penny

Ignore them tweedy,you are always helpful and polite. Thanks for your help on Harbour Island. Your advice about NYC is good too. I live in the suburbs of the city-no one knows NY like a person who lives there.
Keep up your postings.

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 03:09 PM
Ivegot

Penny, you really should join Tweedy for dinner. (See related thread.) You two seem so well suited to each other.

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 02:09 AM
livebyjfk

Hi:
You guys must be really getting excited!!! Your trip is almost here. I was hopping to find a post from you this week or else I had to search for the old one!!! Any way, the weather is getting to be typical Autumn in NY, ^60's daytime ^40's nighttime.
So bring a few woolies...turtlenecks...sweaters..pair of gloves, don't forget an umbrella and a waterproof jacket. Bring your walking shoes and your enthusiasm...We'll talk so more before you arrive.