Reload this Page >

Is N.O. worth an 8 hour drive?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:44 PM
A

We live in Dallas and want to take a getaway trip since we have a sitter this weekend. Neither of us have been there and really want to- is it worth the drive?? Flying is not an option at this point. Thanks

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:02 PM
Steve

Absolutely! It's a wonderful city and this is your last chance before it gets really warm.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:19 PM
Cindy

What a great way to spend a quick weekend - You'll love it and probably not want to leave after only a weekend!!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:34 PM
John

I'm a former Dallasite who loved New Orleans so much on a visit 11 years ago that I ended up going to grad school here and then settling in New Orleans as well. It's an easy 8-hr drive from Dallas...I-20 to I-49 to I-10. Couldn't be easier.

Why is flying not an option? Cost? Be sure to check American and Delta's webpage for specials before you rule it out.

Old May 24th, 2001, 11:19 AM
kal

YES!

It's an all day trip for us in No Calif and if I could afford it, I'd do it once a month! Food, music, history, scenery etc.

Unless I knew if Cindy was going to be there,too! Then there's not enuff jambalaya for the both of us!!! ;^D

"Let the good times roll"
Kal
112 mo' days until NOLA and a Ferdi's Spec w/ debris! ;^P

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:46 AM
Cheryl

Is it worth the drive???

Let me put it this way. Is the pope Catholic? Does a bear s%$t in the woods?

Have fun.

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Angie

You guys are a riot! Thanks for the replies... I am so freakin' excited now- we leave tonight!! WOOHOO!
Have a great weekend everyone- I know I will.

Old May 25th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Meg

Angie - for some odd reason, the weather is absolutely perfect right now. It's warm but breezy and just wonderful. Hope it continues through the week-end.

Old May 30th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Diana

After living there for four years, my heart aches every day I am not there-
the greatest most original city in the US (I've been to most)- Make sure that you not only make it a stop but that you spend a few days- and please- whatever you do- don't just stay in the french quarter. NOLA is all abou the uptown, Mid-City and everywhere else!! Go hungry!!

Old May 30th, 2001, 06:07 PM
SharonM

Oh, definetly! GO! (Why not?!)

It's a city you'll never forget in many, many ways...IMHO...

Old May 30th, 2001, 06:24 PM
hcw

I trust a trip report is forthcoming? Might be of particular interest to the British couple (above) deciding which US city to visit in October, with many recommendations for both NO and Chicago, among others.