Interisland airfare increase 2/2/2000

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 06:09 PM
Lottie Tagupa

NON-RESIDENT INTER-ISLAND AIRFARE as of 2/2/2000

NOTE: all airfares are one-way unless noted.

ALOHA AIRLINES: operates jet aircraft(Boeing 737), in-flight beverage service. Does NOT offer service to/from Kapalua, Hana,Molokai, Kalaupapa and Lanai

-First Class: $117
-Regular unrestricted: $100 non-stop $105.50 direct or connecting service
-AAA discount: $76.37 non-stop $78.87 direct or connecting service. Good for AAA member and others when booked together.
-7 Day Pass: $321.00 for 7 consecutive days of unlimited travel.
-Internet: $82 nonstop $84.50 direct or connecting coach service only,48 hours advance reservations required.

ALOHA ISLAND AIR: operates turbo props in 17 and 50 passenger configuration, beverage service only aboard 50 passenger aircraft.
Island Air NOT offer service to/from Hilo, Lihue, Hana or Kalaupapa.

-Regular unrestricted: $100.00
-AAA discount: $76.37 good for AAA member and those in the same party.
-7-Day Pass: $321.00 for 7 consecutive days of unlimited travel
- Internet: $82.00 non-stop 48 hour advance purchase required

HAWAIIAN AIR: operates jet aircraft (DC-9), in-flight beverage service does NOT offer service to Kapalua (West Maui), Hana or Kalaupapa)
-First Class: $117.50
-Regular unrestricted: $103
-Multi Day Passes (good for unlimited travel for the number days listed)
5 Day: $ 299
7 Day: $315
10 Day: $369
14 Day: $409

COUPONS:
Hawaiian Air $64...Aloha Air $64..and Island Air $74 (non-resident single coupon prices with one year expiration dates)

Single prices allow you to use more than one airline to complete your itinerary since all airlines do not offer service to all Hawaii
airports, and additional discounts available when purchasing in books of 6 or more.

Coupons are good for unrestricted one way travel and are used in place of purchasing regular airline tickets. Coupons are valid only on the airline it has been purchased for, and travel must be completed before
the expiration date listed on the coupon. Although coupons are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE, there are no advance purchase
requirements, therefore you can purchase your coupons whenever you have finalized your inter-island itinerary. Some coupons may be restricted to Hawaii resident use only , so please be certain that you are
purchasing the appropriate coupons if you are not a Hawaii resident. Reservations can be made on any available flight as early as one year before departure or as late as one hour before departure. Reservations
can be changed as many times as you like without any additional penalties or charges. Coupons are typically the most easiest, simplest and most inexpensive way of traveling inter-island and have been for
over 17 years! Coupons can be purchased over the internet at http://www.hawaii-nei.com. Please do NOT e-mail me ([email protected])
for coupon information....mahalo

COUPON CAUTION:
Recently there have been increasing reports of difficulties when purchasing tickets through ATM machines. Reports of machines being empty or issuing expired or soon to expire coupons are not uncommon.

Also, there have been travel agents out there selling coupons in the $49-$55 range that are for use with TOUR PACKAGE PURCHASES ONLY. These coupons are only for use in conjunction with tour packages only and
cannot be sold on an individual basis. Many travel agents in the past and again more recently have knowingly or unknowingly sold these non-refundable coupons to unsuspecting passengers. If you attempt to travel with one of these coupons, and cannot produce a qualifying tour voucher, your coupon will be confiscated and a regular fare ticket will
need to be purchased in order to travel.

If you have Hawaii questions on anything other than coupons, please feel free to contact me in Hawaii at: [email protected]

I hope that you have found this information useful. Pelase feel free to pass it along to others.

A hui hou,
Lottie

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 09:28 PM
islander

Lottie is DEFINITELY advertising.

If you need to check on airfares, routings, size of planes, etc., and get coupon advice, deal with Hawaiian Air directly at:
http://www.hawaiianair.com/ (or just call them)
Aloha Air is at:
http://www.alohaair.com/

All airfares are going up due to higher oil prices.

Let's keep Fodors for travelers, not for people promoting their own businesses. Scott on Maui is another culprit. AUWE!

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 05:18 PM
texan

After reading all of the posts in the Hawaii forum, do you honestly believe that I would, for one moment, consider sacrificing my hard earned money to you or the website you promote????? You have to be outta your mind!!! I'd rather spend a little more cash and buy directly from Hawaiian Airlines, Aloha Airlines, or an HONEST agent! STOP ADVERTISING! Your site is a JOKE!

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 10:54 PM
julie

thanks lottie for the posting...saved me lots of time on research and "on hold" time!

julie

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 11:30 PM
gloria

absolutely..no advertising...maui heidi the travel agent and that rude and ignorant sidekick dmd808 AND [email protected] they seem to want to own this board.

Old Feb 8th, 2000, 04:35 PM
texan

gloria, you are starting to sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown "waa waa waa waa"

Get over it and move on will you?! I think there's a forum for people like you thats called "I HAVE NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO BUT COMPLAIN" Pick up your whining and don't let the door hit your butt on your way out!