Search

Inner Harbor

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 03:49 PM
denis13

Inner Harbor

Where should we stay and what should we do in Baltimore's Inner Harbor? We're traveling with our 11-year old daughter.

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 06:48 PM
South

I've stayed at the Marriott. It was fine. We visited another hotel, a sheraton I think that was lovely and had an attatched mall with a movie theater. We wished we had stayed there. We took the train to Washington one day- great fun. There is an aquariun that is pretty interesting. Also a play complex for kids, I've forgotten the name of it. Like a Discovery Zone. We didn't do it, but you can go up an elevator in the tallest building in North America. There are paddle boats in the harbor. Cruises are available and tours of ships. Lots of shopping.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:10 AM
Charlie

Stayed at the Inner Harbor a couple of years ago at the Hyatt.I think its the best hotel choice there,it just across the street from the harbor with a connecting bridge to the harbor complex.Our room had a view of the entire harbor and we sat and watched the 4th of july fire works,with friends,from our room.The hotel is also a pleasent walk from the baseball park if you want to catch a game.The aquarium is nearby as well as the water taxi rides around the harbor are just across the streeet.Hope this helps.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Gail

Just a thought- My husband and i love to go up to Baltimore and stay at the Admiral Fell in at Fell's Point- You can catch the water taxi around to Inner Harbor. Lots of shops & restaurant's there without the tourist crazy atmoshere of inner harbor. Also, some of the restaurants in Little Italy will send a car for you for dinner and then bring you back- the aquarium is fabulous also!

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 08:30 AM
Diane

I've got a friend who likes to stay at the Inn at Henderson's Wharf which is in Fell's Point. It is small and personal and right on the water. You will enjoy Baltimore. Personally I don't care for the restaurants directly around the Inner Harbor, especially when there are so many better choices in Little Italy and Fells Point.