Reload this Page >

Information about Travel Talk

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Notthe

Travel Talk is a place for travelers to talk to travelers -- you can ask questions, get advice, or share great stories from your trips. But please, no rudeness and no commercial promotion.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Linda

Hear, hear, and BRAVO for stating what many of us have been thinking for months. Nicely put.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Huh?

NICELY PUT???? They copied it verbatim from the screen before this one.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:18 PM
notthe

Actually I didn't copy it verbatim, I copied and pasted. The reason was that it was getting really rough on the board at the time. Just trying to remind those who would be participating what Travel Talk is supposed to be.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Huh?

Well then, good job and nicely pasted.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:39 PM
notthe

Why thank you. Just my little foray into plagerism.

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Fodors

Thank You! Thank You!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 02:21 PM
x

Hey asshole-Plagarism is a serious offense and you are NOT the Fodor's police!! YOU got a beef with the forum write to them directly and leave this bs off of here!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 07:45 PM
notthe

Once again x who never has anything to say, spouts off with the profanity. You, x, are the reason there needs to be reminders about no rudeness. Try taking your Prozac before you log onto Fodors.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 02:49 AM
Hiho

I have no problem with the message of the original posting, but to copy and paste IS to copy verbatim!!!!

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 06:40 AM
bill

Notthe-If you have a legitimate complaint about the forum, write to Fodor's directly instead of posting your inane tripe here. There address can be found in the faqs section of travel talk home.

AND in the future use quotation marks and attribute your cut and paste source instead of plagarazing it.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 06:48 AM
comeon

X, Bill and Hiho why don't you just shutup. Talk about tripe. Encouraging people not to be rude is an invitation to being blasted on this forum. You guys are hopeless.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:24 AM
x

What do you want this site to be, the cyber version of The Stepford Wives? Yes, please. Thank you very much. And a pleasant day to you too. Screw that! What sets this site apart from the others is that we give honest answers to honest questions even if it means stepping on toes every now and then. If someone wants to give a lecture on politeness, they should at least say it in their own words and not copy somebody else's thoughts.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:46 AM
quitwhining

The only thing worse than rudeness are the postings that complain about the content of other peoples postings! If I want bland, non-controversial information I'll just buy a book. And comeon, "why don't you shutup" is an example of how not to be rude?

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Noththe

This board is indeed for travel opinions but is it necessary to be rude to fellow posters in order to express your opinion? The use of profanity is not really necessary on this board. I often wonder what x and others would be like if I ever chanced to meet them. I'm thinnking that they wouldn't speak to me or others using that language. I believe this becasue my behavior would not illicit that kind of response. Therefore it would be nice if manners and consideration were used by all. If you are unable to, however, then we'll have to allow your outbursts. But not being profane is not the same as being a stepford wife. There is a greater spectrum of behavior than profane and vanilla.

BTW I didn't think it was necessary to put quotes in the original note as I believe you all have read the notice. I thought by rereading it we might be reminded about the point of travel talk. I know this is pointless now because x and others will be eternally rude. No need to respond.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 03:18 PM
Suzie

Until Fodor's requires some type of registration system and/or monitors this forum more closely the trolls, weirdos, psychos and rudeness will continue. I agree with Bill, if you got a problem with Travel Talk or see something that offends you--write to Fodors. They eventually delete the really crude stuff.