Information about Phoenix

Old May 27th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Everett

Information about Phoenix

When is the best time to visit Phoenix? We are flexible and want to spend a week in Phoenix and do day trips from there. Suggestions please>
Thanks
Everett

Old May 27th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Brett

Cheapest season? June-September
Best weather? April-May and late October-November

Old May 27th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Debra

Depends on if you like the heat and plan to spend your days either by the pool or in the science museum etc. where there is air conditioning. It has been over 100 for the past few weeks but still very pleasant because the mornings and evenings cool down a bit. If you want to play golf it would be a bit warm this time of year. I would say April, May and June gets you good hot weather for poolside or tubing. But February-April and October are good for other outside activities like hiking and golf.
In July and August it gets more humid and is uncomfortable, even at night. I would not suggest that time of year, even through mid September.

Old May 28th, 2001, 10:46 AM
dave

Best rates are June- September. Best weather October-May. Depends on You can you take 100 degree weather and what do you want to do while you are here. There are many sporting events, And day trips to cooler areas like Grand Canyon is a 4 to 5 hour drive. Many other 2 to 3 hours like Sadona,Payson. Check out The Ramada Downtown Phoenix They have great Rates.

Old May 28th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Ben

If you're planning a week in PHX I wouldn't advise staying downtown. You'll spend much of your time driving to the eastern and northern parts of the metro area. Better off just "staying where you'll play".

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Helga

If you like nature, then choose middle March thru May. The desert blooms is a sight to see. Daytrip to the Apachee Trail and Roosevelt Dam. IF you catch a rainy day, see the Heard Museum in Phoenix, gives history of native indians, a must see. The Capital of PHoenix has interesting info about Phoenix and AZ. Many easy hiking trails thru the desert. There are also many beautiful places to see for city buffs
and, of course, its a paradise for golfers.
Could write you a book on all the things to see, just let me know your interests, I be happy to help out.