Reload this Page >

Info on Florida Key West Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Holly

I just located this message board. We are vacationing for the first time to Key West. (tommorrow!) Any suggestions of activities, restaurants,snorkling, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Chuck

Do a text search on Key West and you will find tons of information. As for restaurants, I like Blue Heaven, Mangia-Mangia for Italian, Pepe's for breakfast or lunch. Take a day trip to Ft. Jefferson, do a walking tour of Old Key West, go to Mallory Square for the Sunset Celebration, climb the Key West Lighthouse. They also have a walking tour at night of Key West's haunted houses which is fascinating.

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:44 PM
susan

I'd advise you to take the Conch Train Tour first, as it'll give you a good idea of what Key West is all about and show you some tourist options you may want to investigate. Personally, I enjoyed the Hemingway House tour, and we also enjoyed the tour of the Truman Little White House. For snorkeling, I highly recommend Floridays, which docks at the Hyatt. There's a wonderful restaurant on the water called the Half Shell Raw Bar that has very fresh fish that's served on paper plates with plastic utensils. The Blue Heaven is good for something different. Try their breakfast or dinner (my experience with lunch wasn't all that great). It used to be a bordello that had cock fights and there are still chickens walking all over the place. Your best bet is to pick up a little book called The Menu. They have them all over town, but if you have a car and can't find one, you can always pick it up at the airport. It's got menus from lots of different Key West restaurants. It's also online, just do a web search.

Old May 5th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Like the Keys too

Go to WWW.KEYWEST.COM for info on all sorts of events...even sunset Cams!

Old May 6th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Ron

Holly,

I guess I'm to late, since you posted your question yesterday afternoon & leaving sometime today!