Reload this Page >

Inexpensive Lodging in Charleston's Historic District

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 03:22 AM
Mike Miller

Looking for some moderately priced hotel or B&B in the historic district. Has anyone stayed in the Best Western in the District?

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 04:12 AM
martha python

I think my parents did, years ago, and it was fine then. If Ann Harper's B&B is still in existence, try that. I stayed there (again, years ago), and it was very nice, espcially the breakkfasts.

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 05:22 AM
Brian in Atlanta

My wife and I spent Thanksgiving weekend at the Best Western King Charles Inn a few years back. It was just fine: great location, good price (though certainly not cheap), nice room, friendly people. We would definitely stay there again.

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 06:44 AM
sue

I have a link for a great little B&B Inn (the Meeting St Inn) which is the best location in Charleston. Lovely rooms, great service,nice hot tub and patio.
Go to:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/al...avelpage2.html

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 06:54 AM
Ruth

Mike, The Hampton Inn in the historic district is one of the nicest ones I've been in. You're right by the visitor's center, with shuttles running around the historic area constantly. We paid about $90/with AARP discount. Charleston is FABULOUS! Enjoy! The Meeting Street Inn is beautiful, but I don't think the rates are all that moderate, if I remember correctly!

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 03:10 AM
Esther

Mike,
We have stay twice @ Quality Inn in the historic district. Fairly reasonable (family of four) friendly and helpful staff. Free parking. They have a van that runs from 7a to 11p that will take you wherever you want to go and give you a history lesson in the process.
Know you'll have a great time!