Inexpensive Honeymoon Getaway?

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 09:07 PM
Judes

Inexpensive Honeymoon Getaway?

We just got married...postponed our trip to Grenada to next year and are on a tight budget. I'd really like for us to have a mini-celebration not too far away from NYC. I've seen a couple of two-night mid-week B&B specials for under $500, but would like to hear everyone's recommendations/suggestions before deciding. =) Thank you!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 06:28 AM
selia

Judy, you should remain in your bedroom with your man and make love to him. That's all you need for a honeymoon. Really!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 07:20 AM
Merilee

Best wishes Judes! How about New Hope/Lahaska, Pennsylvania (Bucks County)...there are so many pretty b&b's, restaurants, and shops in a very charming and quaint setting...it's only about an hour and a half from NYC...there's lots of websites.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Steph

Judes - you could also try Connecticut.
They have some very nice B&Bs, many in very pretty New England towns and I'm sure you can find something for even less than $500 for 2 nights. Check out www.virtualcities.com (it will give you choices other than CT, too). Good luck and congratulations!

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 09:13 AM
curious

How about the Cape? You could stay at some beautiful inns or resorts mid-week in winter for a fraction of the high season cost. I love the ocean in winter, very romantic. It's only about a 4 hour drive from NY. Try luxurylink.com. also. They had some steals on gorgeous Vermont Inns.