Indian Shores question

Search

Indian Shores question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indian Shores question

I posted a question about the Bay and Beach Club at Indian Shores but no one seemed to know about it. Now I'm hoping to get some info on the area of Indian Shores. We will be there end of Feb/early March and wondering what we might expect? What is this area like? Restaurants? Beaches? etc.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:53 AM

Where might this Indian Shores be located.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

sorry..Florida near Clearwater/St Petes/Tampa
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:29 PM

Indian Shores, FL? This is an older community, as are many of the beach towns in the St. Pete/Clwr. area. There are many wonderful cottages, some listed as historic. Because this is an older area you can be assured of having plenty of restaurants, shops and amenities very nearby. There is a beach trolley that travels the beach going north and south of Indian Shores that costs $1.50. You are within driving distance to Tampa and to downtown St. Petersburg which is on the bay side of the Pinellas peninsula.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Oh, I almost forgot. The beaches. They are gorgeous. You will be very happy. There are fishing piers nearby, one particularly notable one in Redington Shores. Be sure to make a visit to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary there.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM

February/Early March is a great time to be in Florida. The weather is superb and the locals have stopped complaining about the first two weeks of February where the temp drops to the 30's. Somehow, people on the gulf beaches never seem to be affected ..no matter what.

Lots of great restaurants up and down Gulf Blvd but I would recommend going to the "mainland" and visiting some great local places like the Rib Shack on Fort Harrison Ave. Killer Bar-BQ ! or drive north (about 40 minutes) to Tarpon Springs and have authentic greek salad at Santorin's - a terrific noisy family style greek restaurant. My favorite, 15 minutes north of Indian Shores, on Gulf Blvd in Clearwater Beach is Bob Heilman's Beachcomer Restaurant. Excellent food ( a restaurant that still provides a relish tray -imagine ) I recommend the fried chicken with mashed potatoes.

Make sure you park legally cause you will get a ticket and be prepared for heavy traffic due to construction and high influx of tourists. Tampa Airport is very nice and very busy most anytime but especially that time of year. St. Petersburg Airport has grown in popularity. Oh.. directly across the street from the St. Petersburg Airport is a tiny Cuban Deli ..doesn't look like much but they have the best pressed Cuban sandwiches and coffee con leche in Pinellas County.

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:08 PM

I like the Beachcomber too. It is an old-world restaurant with just plain great food and excellent service. The chicken livers are the greatest.