Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

I'm exhausted - what do you do to "come back"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2012, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With schlepping all over DC for a long weekend last week and now cooking/freezing for 15 2 nights in a row for the upcoming Passover holiday, I am falling off my feet! I work full time in an office but am contemplating doing some "virtual office" time this week in my chenille robeand bunny slippers. Planning a hot shower with my massage setting and a little Jean Nate this night before bed. Will be doing some take out meals this week, very unusual as I make everything we eat, usually.

My back is aching - made a 9 lb. brisket, 4 dozen matzo balls, 3 dozen almond & chocolate chip macaroons, lemon curd, 2 lb. of chopped liver, and a chocolate/walnut torte. Want to get all the major stuff done before the cleaning people come on Thursday. Now, I have to clean before the cleaners!

What do you do to "come back" after exhausting yourself? How do you pamper yourself?
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 04:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
LBloom: By any chance did you mean to post this in the Lounge?
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
After a trip I write my trip report to debrief myself and decompress.

But with your schedule, it sounds like there is very little pampering you can fit into your time.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Ha ha! I am so tired I posted this inadvertently in the US forum rather than the Lounge! Working this morning in my robe and bunny slippers, needed 2 cups of coffee just to get started.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi LBloom,

I am feeling the same today. Had a busy weekend and the last few weeks have been very busy too. Had to be up bright and early this morning again.

So, I came home this afternoon and took a nice long nap. You know the kind where drool probably came out of your mouth and your body never moved?

Now I'm wasting time here on Fodor's and getting psyched up for some studying I have to do. I just was too burnt out to do anything else.

I'm pretty much in my PJs anytime I'm at home. I have the kind where if the UPS man stops by you can still answer the door!

Hope you get some down time and are energized again.
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM

Sleep. Get a massage. Watch movies. Have some wine and chocolate. Go to the beach - get something for a picnic and hang out. Take a hike. Read.