Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

I'm Back....("Opportunity to move to North or South California? Yaa or Naa")

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Bryan

As promised, I said I would report back after visiting So.California and making some decisions. We came out to the North Orange County area for 4 days and feel like we saw everything. All and all, we liked the entire area very much (except for the traffic). After scouting the area thoroughly, we decided that we really liked both Brea and Fullerton the best. Yorba Linda had some nice areas but seemed too isolated, didn't seem to offer much in the way of restaurants or shopping and would just further our drive.

Like others mentioned, Both Brea and Fullerton have an abudance of good shopping and restaurants. We especially liked the northern Fullerton Hills area with the openess, large trees and rolling hills.

We had decided to rent for at least 6 months to assure that we wanted to stay and learn the areas better. We ended up renting a 2 bedroom condo near Harbor Blvd. and Bastanchury Street. We have a nice view of the hills and a golf course. My wife is about 95% sure that she has a job at a hospital near by (St. Jude). We will be coming out permanently September 1st. We really appreciate all the great recommendations so many of you made on my original posting. You were "right on!" My wife has already discovered the Brea Mall and even after just 4 days, we've discovered some great restaurants! We're excited to begin our new life in California.
Thanks so much for all your help! Bryan

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 11:15 AM
sightseer

Welcome to Southern California living - your going to love it out here! Glad to hear that your visit was a successful one and that you found a rental. You're going to like the area that you chose. Good luck with your move!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:30 PM
kkj

Congratulations on your news. It sounds great. I think you picked a great area. Best of luck on your move and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wife gets the job, too.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy moving!!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 01:03 PM
NYgirl

Bryan-Best of luck to you and your wife!

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Don

Congratulations, Bryan! Now what state did you say you're moving from?

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Bryan

We're moving from St. Louis, MO.
Soon to be Fullerton residents...busy packing with a garage sale planned for this weekend. We're moving with as little as possible...guess we (including our great dog) will soon be starting a new life in CA.
Liked Fullerton because of the rolling hills and numerous trees...reminded us of the things we like about our current neighborhood. Soon to be on the road with two cars and a dog with lots of fast food along the way! Bryan

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Don

Thanks--and Happy Travels! We will all be looking forward to your intermittent e-mails telling us about your adventures!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:05 AM
xxx

Enjoy a double double with grilled onions as soon as you come across your first In N Out Burger - one of the best things about living in Southern California.