Reload this Page >

If you could go anywhere tomorrow?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 05:23 PM
WildWoman

If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow morning (it's 9:00 pm EST and I am still working at my supposedly 9-5 job) where would you go? I am dreaming of Switzerland...................

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Jamie

Switzerland is one of my favorite places in the world...the Bernese Oberland, Swiss Alps are tops in Europe for me. Lake Como folds right into the same theme.
Elsewhere, Hayman Island near the Great Barrier Reef is an unbelievable getaway.
One for mountain beauty, the other a beach/diving secluded haven.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Debs

Great question-if in the mood for some history and culture, then Russia-it's as if you're walking thru a history book. If the mood struck for sipping a rum drink on a beautiful island beach, then it's Bermuda or Barbados ... what time does that plane leave???

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:20 PM
curious

Venice. I have this memory of standing on the Ponte de Rialto looking down the Grand Canal on an unbelievably clear day which made the Canal look a surreal aqua color and the Ochre and pastel colored palaces at the edge, just beautiful. What an incredible place. My husband and I would walk over to Harry's Bar and have a Bellini (or 2) before dinner . . . . My second choice would be Capri, sitting at a cafe on the square. (sigh). I quess I'm in the mood for Italian tonight.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Jen

Paris! or Sydney!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:20 PM
A.M.

Ireland and New Zealand.
A.M.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:08 PM
ldsant

Right this moment it's about 50 degrees here in Seattle, so anywhere where it's about 70 or above and I don't have to wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants!

I would probably choose the Great Barrier Reef for tomorrow or New Zealand. I'd definitely choose Paris if you were posting this question at the end of the summer season! Quite frankly, even going to Vancouver sounds enticing right now - who cares where I'm going as long as I get to go somewhere?!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Joma

Definitely to Kauai. I would love to be hiking through the Waimea Canyon again!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Ess

I'd really love to just get in the car and drive straight north. Go on a long, leisurely road trip up to Maine. Sometimes I can't stand the thought of the aggravation of air travel. Or a long cross country train ride might be nice.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 05:00 AM
John

Cape Town! Great people, good exchange rate and breathtaking scenery.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 05:07 AM
Ally

I've always wanted to go to The Maldives or the Seychelles Islands...let me flip a coin...okay, the
Maldives it is! Oh, I'm so excited!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Judy

Hello All, I would love to be standing anywhere in a grove of giant redwoods in N.CA(so cool and beautiful), and do the wine country tour too!
Judy

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 06:33 AM
freddie

i'll do asia.....great wall of china, banaue rice terraces in the philippines, taj mahal in agra, the oriental in bangkok, angkor wat, vietnam and bali. same time zone so no jet lag!!!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 06:34 AM
lisa

I would have to say one of those overwater bungalows on Moorea or Bora Bora (I'm feeling particularly stressed out at the moment, and have a TERRIBLE case of wanderlust today -- argh!).

Then again, maybe Kenya -- gazing out over the plains at giraffes and zebras, doing my best Karen Blixen impression ("I had a faahm in Ahfreekah...").

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:01 AM
kal

Kauai...watching the sunrise thru the balcony door...filling up the entire room with warm, orange sunshine.

Venice...sitting in St Mark's Sq sippin' an $8 Heinken!

Paris...watching a sunset from the Arc and then seeing the Eiffel start sparklin'! Or a sunrise from the Seine.

Sunset from Polihale...

In otherwords, anywhere but at work, in front of a computer. 8:00...gotta go!

Mahalo,
Kal

ps..aloha lisa...DC was a blast but we got soaked on the 4th! Couldn't find any Fodie's on the Mall, either. Bummer. Hang in there...

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Leone

I endorse all of the above. And Kal, we thought of you guys ... we watched from the GW Parkway, by the LBJ Memorial, under tarp and two unbrellas. Thank god the rain ended just before the display began. Maybe we'll have better weather and see you by the WM next year. Ciao

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Suzie

I'd love to go to Bali. Long flight.

BTW Leone, I got the reference to the WM. HA ha.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:31 AM
kal

Suzie, WM...Huh?
Bali, si! Also, SF...at The Embarcadreo at sunrise.

Leone...We barely made it thru the Pointer Sister's "Neutron Dance".

Hoofed it back (backstroke would have been easier) to the Met/Marriott, threw the soaked clothes in the tub and watched the f'works from our hotel room.

Yeah...maybe next year. We were ready, tho. Tequila shots in our plastic film cannisters!

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Suzie

Oh Kal you gotta know Leone's not crazy about the new monument to war set to begin construction on the mall this fall.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Leone

Yes, Suzie, the WWII memorial will not be one of my finest memories when I eventually depart DC, but I am hopeful it will gradually take its place and be part of the Mall. I can live with it ... a good thing. Yep, I am afraid we opted for the river bank to watch the fireworks, and after all the rain, we were happy to be able to leave for home without having to fight the Metro crowds. Yes, we'll be at the foot of the WM next year, and I hope we can all share some champagne together. Yes, I do know this is against NPS rules, but I will make it CA not FR, so no more sock rinsing, Kal. Take care, and glad you survivied the rains. BTW, it was quite nice to watch thew showers come down the Potomac, and we were glad there was no lightning. Regards to all, e ciao.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -