Hyatt Regency San Francisco Restaurants Nearby

Notices

Old May 12th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi--
I'm trying to gather some info about restaurants near the Hyatt Regency at Embarcadero Center. This is for weekdays in early September. Some suggestions for reasonably priced lunches for conference attendees, as well as varied suggestions for evening meals and activities would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:25 AM

In the immediate area, Tadich Grill and Sam's Grill are a short walk from the Embarcadero Hyatt, both are classic San Francisco restaurants. Alfred's Steakhouse and nearby Tommaso's are also reasonable walking distance, as is the Great Eastern in Chinatown.

Lots of places to choose from in North Beach which is a bit farther but can be either walked or just a short taxi ride away. The Embarcadero BART station is just below the Hyatt and a couple of stops from the Union Square area. I've always enjoyed Kuleto's at the Villa Florence Hotel, although its been a few years since I've eaten there. Original Joe's, another oldtime restaurant is not far, but probably only for lunch as the Tenderloin area is a bit sketchy after dark. I'm sure you'll get a lot more recommendations from others. Good luck.
Old May 12th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Kal

Short walk to the Ferry Building. Something for everybody.

Old May 12th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Kal

Ooops...
Just did 4 rounds on the heavy bag and my fingers have minds of their own.

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/

You're not too far from the restaurants on Belden either.

Hop a street car down to ACME Chop House.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM

There's Yank Sing dim sum in Rincon Center 1 block from the Hyatt Regency, Americano in the Hotel Vitale, and all the restaurants on Steuart Street are wonderful - Boulevard, Shanghai 1930, Ozumo, etc. Street car north will get you to Waterfront and Butterfly.

Not sure what kind of evening activities you are looking for, guess it depends on the interests of the attendees.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Kal

Or you could go out dancing with me and Shangahinese???

We ate at Butterfly a few weeks ago.
Pretty good. Fairly new server who made some goofs but nice place, good grub, bay view.
Getting mixed reviews on other sites.
The complimentary edamame was muy beuno.

London Wine Bar not too far away Hyatt if you like sipping, yacking and munching.

If you want a killer view, the Carnelian Room at the top of the Bank of Amer Tower is a nearby.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:40 PM

2 short blocks to Mission is Boulevard, consistently rated as one of the best in the city.

Also, 2 blocks towards the Bay/Embarcadero is the Ferry Building. Lot's of options there including Slanted Door and other foodie alternatives.
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM

I see that it hasn't been suggested, but One Market is only a block along Market towards the Bay. It get's mixed reviews (I'm not a fan in spite of countless business lunchs, but other's are).
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Ditto Shanghainese and Kal's recommendation of Butterfly. I find the view from Butterfly very evocative of a long-gone S.F. when shipping was king - the vistas out toward the East Bay hills with long piers jutting out.

Short cab rides away in the South of Market area:

CoCo 500. Fun place, very hot since its opening last year.

Oola - very clubby-feeling late night supper spot, great food.

Bacar - for the wine lover. Sophisticated and bustling.

Belden Lane is a great suggestion. Weather in September might allow for outdoor dining on Belden, lots of fun (Belden Lane is closed to traffic, and all the restaurants along the stretch set out tables - it's like a big party).
Old May 12th, 2006, 03:56 PM

billboy - One Market, for sure, is convenient, and does occasionally serve seasonal ingredients to spectacular advantage. But I agree with you that I put in in my "business/serviceable" category, based on the innumerable lunches I've had there. Dinner is a bit more formal and I would not hesitate to take a guest there, especially for a meal where we could hear each other talk!
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:36 PM

We dined at Boulevard last weekend. It was wonderful! Great service, very pretty dining room and outstanding food. Don't miss this one! ***kim***