Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Kaua'i

Search

Hyatt Regency Kaua'i

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 05:56 PM
julie

Hyatt Regency Kaua'i

We will be staying here in the Fall. What do you know about the resort itself, and specifically the restaurants within. I understand Tidepools is pretty good. What is your opinion?
Thanks.
Julie

Old Jun 19th, 1998, 11:47 AM
Sheila Liskany

We visited Kaua'i last May (stayed at the Marriott), but we went to the Hyatt to check it out. It is a beautiful resort. We were also told the Tidepools was a good restaurant. Our favorite meal, however, was without a doubt at the "Pacific Cafe" - in fact we liked it so much we went back for dinner a second night. I recommended it to my niece who just returned from Hawaii two weeks ago. They also enjoyed it so much they had dinner there twice. The freshness, flavors and presentation of the meals were incredible. The "Pacific Cafe" has a sister restaurant (with the word Beach in it - don't know the full name), which is located very close to the Hyatt.

Old Jun 20th, 1998, 08:06 PM
Rick

We stayed at the hyatt a few years ago.. Yes the tidepools is very good. Also theres a italian restaurant, Portofino's on sight that is excellent.
As for the resort itself....fantastic!!!..
We really enjoyed it..

Aloha..
Oh... they have a drink there called a lava Flow..
VERY good,,*s*

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 05:56 AM
kim weiss payne

We were in Kauai two weeks ago and stayed at the Hyatt and loved it! It is a beautiful resort. Definitely go to the Seaview Terrace at the Hyatt in the late afternnon and have a lava flow. The view from the Seaview is terrific. I would recommend eating at the Beach House Restaurant. It is owned by the same chef who owns Pacific Cafe. The food is outstanding and the views are incredible. The restaurant is on the ocean. You definitely need to make reservations and request a table by the window. We ate at Tidepools and it was good but did not compare to the Beach House. Also, I would recommed taking a helicopter tour of the island. Truly the only way to capture the beauty of Kauai. We flew with Jack Harter Helicopters and enjoyed the trip. Our pilot was Doug and he was great.

Old Jun 24th, 1998, 08:40 PM
Brenda

You will love the Hyatt on Kauai. We go to Kauai every winter for a month. We own a timeshare in this area and we always go to the Hyatt for drinks, dinner, walking around the grounds. We attended their luau last year for the first time and had a wonderful evening. It is the best on the island as far as the setting, location outdoors and the variety of free coctails. We agree with another correspondant that the BEACH HOUSE restaurant is the best, It is the same chef/owner as A PACIFIC CAFE, but a much nicer setting, right on the water. The PACIFIC CAFE is in a shopping mall. Even though a good restaurant for sure, not exactly the setting one goes to Hawaii to experience. Try both if you will but do not pass up the BEACH HOUSE. Ask for the first setting at sunset as you have to be there when the sun goes down to truely appreciate all of the beauty. I would like to add that you will not be disappointed with the Hyatt or with Kauai. be sure to explore the island. It has so many beautiful beaches and other things to offer.It is our favorite island and we have been to all of them. Have fun......Wish I could be there now!

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 01:11 PM
Don

Just back from my honeymoon in Kauai. We stayed in a timeshare next to the Hyatt. You will not be disappointed with the Hyatt. The grounds are beautiful both inside and outside. Most of the restaurants there are pretty good. If you are staying awhile, I advice buying the Ultimate Guide to Kauai. It shows you all the great beaches on everyshore that most tourist don't know about. Plus it gives some practical advice as to which beaches are great for swimming and snorkling. Have a great time. I know you will.

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 05:57 PM
Julie

Thank you for your information. I see your address. I work for NationsBank also. I live in Houston, but travel all around the Southwest Region - TX, NM & OK. Where are you based?
Julie

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 10:36 PM
Andrew Latimer

We went to Kauia last month. We stayed at the Sheraton just down the road. However, we are planning on going back and will stay at the Hyatt. It is one of the most striking hotels I have ever seen. The hotel and grounds beautiful. We didn't eat at Tidepools but heard good things about it. There are several excellent restaurants in the area, our favorite was Roy's.