Search

Hyatt in boston

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:18 AM
Joe

Hyatt in boston

I'm travelling from logan airport on my honeymoon at the end of april. We live about 1/2 hour from the airport and our flight is at 7AM. My question is should we stay at the hyatt at Logan. Is the airport easily accessible from the hotel with a bunch of luggage. I just want it to be as stress free
as possible. Haa anyone stayed at the hyatt ? or any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You !!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:53 AM
Joanne

Why do you think that checking in and out of a hotel would be less stressful than just going straight from home to the airport?

If your flight is at 7 AM, you will have to arrive at the airport well ahead of rush hour traffic (if indeed your flight is a weekday). Save yourself the time, hassle, and expense of the hotel and just leave home in plenty of time, in a taxi.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:00 AM
Joe

It will be a weekend, plus it's my wedding night. I can't stay home on my wedding night...I think it's an unwritten rule that you have to spend your wedding night away from home ? : )

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:06 AM
bennie

The Hyatt is a lovely hotel that is right on the airport property. They have a shuttle that will take you to your terminal so I would think that it couldn't get any easier. Ask for a room with a view of the city. The view of Boston from the Hyatt is "wicked good".

Congratulations to you and your fiance. May you share a long and happy life together.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
Joanne

I've never heard of that rule. I stayed at my own apartment on my wedding night, then headed to the airport the next morning. It just doesn't seem romantic or cost-effective to me to spend all that money to stay at the airport when you're only a half-hour away. Personally, I'd prefer the comfort and privacy of my own home rather than an airport hotel, but that's your call.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Bob

Logan has 2 brand new hotels...the Hyatt and the Hilton. The Hyatt has a better view of the city, but is not "attached" to the airport terminal; the Hilton is. That is, you could walk to your gate from the Hilton, ut from the Hyatt you would need to take a shuttle bus...the weekend rate at the Hilton seems to be lower, but you'd need to check your specific dates.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:37 AM
Joe

Thanks for your well wishes bennie !!
And thanks for your info Bob.
I'm just looking for a place with easy access to Logan. We're taking our luggage & golf clubs so, I want to minimize lugging them around. I can get a room at the Hyatt for $119 & the Hilton for $99....decisions..decisions.

Also I'd like to drop the luggage off in the morning, but check in isn't until 3pm....Any suggestions ?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 04:51 AM
bennie

Joe- both hotels are very nice but I would stay at the Hyatt if you can get the view. A shuttle dropping you at the terminal door would be easier than schlepping from the hotel through Central Parking and then to the terminal. Its your honeymoon - make it as easy on yourself as possible.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:48 AM
OliveOyl

Joe..Explain your situation in advance just to be certain, but I can't imagine that leaving luggage at the hotel prior to check-in could be a problem. Never can tell what good things might come of their knowing it's your wedding night as well. You'd be quite amazed at the keys such info can turn, especially if things happen to be slow that particular night! gt; Best wishes for a long happy life together! (By the way, my DH had the opportunity to be opening GM of that hotel 9 years ago...he decided we were better suited to the southern clime of Savannah so took that instead, but I understand the hotel is very nice and certainly does a good business. It has a water taxi going over to downtown...if you wish and have time on your hands. gt;)