Hudson River Valley (NY) dining

Mar 16th, 2002, 04:31 PM
John H

Hudson River Valley (NY) dining

Hi, all,

I am interested in any recommendations you might have for dining in the Hudson River Vally. All meals (breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner) and price ranges welcome. Just looking for things that represent something special and/or good value.

Much thanks.

John H

Mar 16th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Sean

Why not go to the culinary institute (New Hyde Park) if you pull up their web site you'll find their menu(S) - it's more then special and the food is always wonderful!

Mar 16th, 2002, 05:38 PM
c

In Rhinebeck-
breakfast-Schemmys E Market St
Blondies E Market St
lunch Calico Mill St
Marco Polo Montgeomery St
dinner Le Petit Bistro E Market St
drinks/afternoon or later
The Beekman Arms Inn/Tavern

Mar 17th, 2002, 04:50 PM
topper

Topping

Mar 18th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Merilee

The Bear Mountain Inn serves a lavish brunch buffet on Sunday...The Thayer Hotel right inside West Point's maingate also serves a brunch buffet on Sunday...they also serve dinner with a show on weekend evenings....The Trading Post (for dinner) (looks questionable on the outside) overlooks the Hudson River and Bear Mountain Bridge.

Mar 18th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Lynn

I second Merilee's recommendation of the Bear Mountain Inn's Sunday buffet. I used to live in that area and unfortunately haven't had the chance to go back for this buffet in many years, but it's a well-known treat in that area. The buffet is enormous--if you leave there hungry, it's entirely your fault! The atmosphere of the Inn is nice as well: an elegant buffet in the middle of a rugged building design. Go for it; you'll love it!

Mar 19th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Howard

Where in the Hudson Valley? It covers a lot of territory, and somehow, I don't think you want to drive, say, 50-100 miles for brunch!