How To Write A Trip Report-

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Scarlett

Hi ya'll.I had an idea!
After reading various opinions and I must say, some were not so nice,on trip reports, I thought it might be a good idea if we had some thoughts about what we all really want in a trip report.
I know some people-like myself,want to tell every thing we saw,ate,felt and heard on our excursions and I -myself,think these are fascinatin readin-why someone already wrote a book about me and my adventures! I even heard there might be a movie!
But-enough about me!
I propose-we post here-the things we require that make an excellent trip report.
This will help us all,especially the younguns who may be worried about posting their travel report and being fussed at by grumpy readers.
So I will go first:
1-Keep it nice now and nothing personal.
You know what my mama says-"If you can't say somethin nice,keep yo mouth shut!"
Thank you and I look forward to hearin from ya'll. Scarlett

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:32 PM
Moe

Personally, I love reading of peoples personal experiences while on thier trips instead of rote descriptions of accomodations and meals etc. I dont mind those when I am seriously considering the property or location but do find them boring. Everyone has something happen to them that makes thier experience memorable.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:49 PM
michelle

Having read a few reports lately,and going through old ones just for fun,I think that some of the best are the ones that have a sense of humor.There is always something that can be found of interest in any trip report.And I agree, we should all keep it nice.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:52 PM
George

You're right, Scarlett and Moe. I like all reports. But the anecdotal ones are especially prized. And every now and then, they approach greatness. You get into the traveler's shoes, as it were, and relived his/her experience.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:58 PM
ttt

ttt