Reload this Page >

How much is too much to Hawaii?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 06:44 PM
cheapee

I have a question for you Hawaii travelers.
We are thinking of going to Maui this fall (October). I wanted to know how much did your vacation to Hawaii cost you? We received a quote yesterday for $2579.42 for the 2 of us air/hotel. Staying in a condo property. Rental car not included. This is for 7 days. Would you say this is expensive or a average price?

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 07:42 PM
Lani

That's good, if you're coming from the East Coast, and staying in a nice condo property. Which property are you staying in?

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Joe

Depends on how far you're flying to get to HI and how nice the condo is.
If you're coming from L.A. and the condo is in Kahului and it's not anything special, you're being taken.
If you're coming from France and your condo is a 3 bedroom ocean view villa in Wailea, you did great.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Jason

How much is TOO much?
Guess that depends on several things.
We often spend over $6000 a week, but that doesn't have any bearing on what anyone ELSE thinks is too much.
Heck, Bill Gates rented the whole island of Lanai once.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 04:46 PM
cheapee

We are flying from Michigan. Looking at the Aston Kaanapali Shores condo.
I checked a few other airlines for package deals and they were quite higher?

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 04:56 PM
Ray

You did fine.
Air fares fron the northern midwest have been running $650-800 for quite awhile. That makes the condo rate decent (as long as it's to your liking).

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 05:43 PM
Susan

We just booked our second trip to Maui from Florida. We are staying 16 days, our price of $4,800 includes air fare, car rental and 16 days at one of the condos. in Ka'anapali Beach. You did really well with your prices. Car rental around $35.00 plus per day. Which condo are you staying in? Have a great time in Maui!! Lots to do....

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 05:53 PM
Tammy

You did well price wise-especially coming from Michigan. Stayed in the Kaanapalli Shores in March of this year and enjoyed it tremedously! My husband and 2 boys stayed in a 2 bedroom and we loved the space! The court yard was very pretty and we really enjoyed eating on the Lanai. It is somewhat removed from the busier area of Kaanapalli and quieter. We enjoyed snorkeling at Kapalua Bay. If you want some cheaper eats here is what we found: The hula grill on Kaanapalli beach was very good and a great atmosphere, the buffets at the Hawaiianna hotel were very nice-good food and good selection and we all enjoyed Maui Taco in Napili. Don't forget to eat breakfast once or twice at the shores restaurant, the banana and macadamia pancakes were so good!

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 07:04 PM
bob

Try Hawaiihana.com or call 1-877-951-8448