Reload this Page >

How many days in Hawaii?

Search

How many days in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 04:37 AM
Melanie

How many days in Hawaii?

We have a total of 10 days to travel in early December to Hawaii. If we spend one day each way from the East Coast, will the remaining 8 days be enough to 1) get caught up from a day of travelling 2) spend a few days on Oahu and 3) spend a few days on some other island?

I know that I probably could easily spend all of that time just on one island, but I'd like to split between two of them. Nightlife is not a concern - we would rather spend the day poking around seeing things or lazing on the beach. So, what should the second Island be?

Finally, (and I know I will probably get flak for this one), which hotels will have the least children? Rule out the expensive luxury hotels, I can't really afford them.

Thanks!

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 07:34 AM
Debi

Melanie, we're putting together a Hawaii trip for next year, but I'll give you my recollections from a trip I took a while ago to the islands - and it was about 10 days. I'm not a big Oahu fan (only compared to where I've been in Hawaii and where I want to go) - so I would recommend 2 days there - and then spend the rest on another island. I'm not sure what airlines you're flying - but you could fly into Honolulu, stay a couple days, then fly to Maui and fly home from there. I spent about 6 days in Maui last time I went, and it was beautiful. A friend of mine just did a 3 island trip (Oahu, Maui and Hawaii) and raved about all of them - especially Hawaii. Because we're scuba divers, we're going to do 3 days in Oahu, 5 days in Hawaii and 6 days in Maui when we go next year. I loved Maui when I went there before - there's so much to do! But, as my friend told me - no matter where you go, you'll want to spend more time - so I'd go for the 2 islands as you planned. As for children in hotels, if you're there while school is in session - there probably won't be that many anyway....