Reload this Page >

How is the Milford Plaza Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 04:22 PM
cori

has anyone stayed in the Milford Plaza hotel in New York City? and where exactly is the garment district??????????

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 06:29 PM
hobojo

Do a search-this topic was done already.
As for the garment district-it is on the west side and runs roughly between 31-39 streets from 8th ave through 6th. Are you going to sample sales there?

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 06:32 PM
zz

The Garment Center is where all of your clothes come from During the week, all day, men will be pulling large racks of clothing down the street to different buildings, it is noisy,crowded,and completely New York! The Milford Plaza is big,crowded and busy, not a great neighborhood, peep shows and XX sex movies across the street.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Patrick

I have heard so many nightmare stories about the Milford Plaza I couldn't begin to count them. It is often regarded as one of the worst of the big hotels. Broken fixtures, dirty rooms, terrible service, torn carpets and drapery, you name it.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 02:42 AM
Paul

Cori,
It's OK. Nothing special. The room I had was a bit dark and wasn't sparkling clean. It certainly wasn't a bad experience though. It's location is very central - close to Times Sq and the theatre district. If you want to be in the middle of it all and are not expecting too much from your room then it is an OK place to stay. On the other hand there is much better available in Manhattan - and at the same prices.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Patrick

"It's OK. . . wasn't sparkling clean". What does that mean? Either a room is clean or it is not clean. In my opinion a room that isn't sparkling clean, is not one I would stay in!! But to each his own. Friends of mine were booked there by their travel agent, arrived, and refused to stay after looking at three different rooms. They lost their entire deposit, but still wouldn't stay. Other friends just got booked there, when I told them about it they cancelled but also lost their depost of one night's stay -- even though they were cancelling more than 60 days before their arrival date.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Helen

Oh no, we are due at the Milford Plaza next Friday and this has got me worried!
Has anyone got anything good to say about this hotel?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Philip

It really depends on your level of what you consider clean. (Some people consider worn carpet as not being clean. Others consider worn carpet as being atmospheric).

There are many bus tours that book into the Milford Plaza so it's not a roach motel. Just understand that it is a budget hotel and not the Waldorf. You could do better, you could do worse.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Gretchen

Daughter stayed there this summer and says it is a dump. Do a Priceline bid for something better.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 09:24 AM
al

It's not the greatest, but there are worse places. It's your basic large, busy, older hotel, with lots of tourists and airline personnel. The location is good, close to the theatres and Times Square. If you got a good price, stay there and don't worry about it. Chances are you won't be spending much time in your room anyway.

If you're really concerned, try the Best Western President on 47th or 48th Street. It's smaller, more intimate, on a good block and maybe even a little cheaper.