How is the Maui Marriott?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Helen of Troy

Hi everyone -
I am spending my honeymoon on Maui. We have been there a few times and stayed at the Hyatt and Westin, both of which we found to be very nice. However, the "renovated" Maui Marriott is offering amazing introductary deals. Has anyone stayed there since it opened or heard anything about it? I would appreciate your opinions.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 04:51 PM
suzanne

I raised the same question a few weeks back...have heard the place is nice, but not specatacular...also have heard it is overrun with kids. Kids everywhere. You might try getting into the Villas, which are offering excellent rates too. Based on what I heard, I did not have an interest in scheduling a "romantic" getaway there.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Judy

Why would anyone want to honeymoon in Kaanapali?
The whole place is crawling with kids, the hotels are old and close together, and it feels less like Hawaii than anyplace in the islands except Honolulu.
Yech (for a honeymoon)!

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 04:35 AM
kcd

Helen,
We've been to Maui 3 times in the past 4 years and have stayed at the Marriott twice. It's a very nice hotel. Yes, there are kids there, but I don't think you can go anywhere in Hawaii where there aren't (except maybe the Four Seasons, which is VERY expensive). I love staying in Kaanapali. It's close to Lahaina, so dinner out and walking around town are just a short drive, and walking along the beach down to Whaler's Village is so convenient! Back to the hotel - the rooms are nice - spacious and clean. The service is good , very responsive, and, if you're getting a deal, it can't be beat. Our last trip was in Jan. 2002. The "renovations" are that they are converting the whole place to timeshares. The pool area was renovated in 2000, and it's beautiful. Our only disappointment was that the pool area got crowded. We were also there in Jan. 2001, when they were doing other renovations, and the only inconvenience we ran into was that there wasn't an ATM in the lobby (that is fixed now, but I suggest using the ATM in the Food Court at Whalers Village, or going to a Bank of Hawaii ATM - they had the lowest fees). Bottom line - we'd defintely return to the Maui Marriott.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 04:55 AM
jon

Judy - what's the point of your reply? obviously, the poster likes Kaanapali - she's been there in the past and has already decided to go there for her honeymoon. is your disapproval meant to make her feel poorly about her choice? if not, then what is the purpose of it?