Reload this Page >

How is the Kona Village Resort??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 09:15 AM
Kimberly

I just found out about the Kona Village Resort - I love all-inclusives and I believe this is the only one in Hawaii. How expensive is it? How nice is it? What is the best time to go? Last, how much (approximately) would airfare be from Virginia? Thanks!

Old Apr 8th, 1999, 12:12 PM
John

I would not recommend an all-inclusive in Kona. I have not been to the Kona Village, but as I understand the reason to go to an all-inclusive is to enjoy all the things that are at the resort site. The big island is big. Many of the things you will want to do on the island are an hour or more drive. Plus the Kona side is not known for the best beaches (volcanic rock mostly). If you like a resort atmosphere, stay on the Kohala Coast area, north of Kona. (Hilton, 4 Seasons, Mauna Lani, Mauna Kea, etc.) Good restaurants are all over the island, although there are not that abundant. Great snorkeling can be found in several places, but not too many are right off the beach like in the caribbean. I hope this helps.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 06:22 AM
Rachel

We loved Kona Village. It is very laid back with great accomodations and good food. Their beach is fine. They have a nice pool as well. It is far to travel to do anything else on the island, but we never wanted to leave there anyway. Drinks are not included so you can get a little surprise at check-out if you are not careful.

There is no T.V. (a bonus I think) and still our kids say it was the best vacation they have ever had.

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 02:43 PM
Linda

I, too, have stayed at Kona Village. We loved it. I agree completely with the previous post. We had a car and only used it once on the day we left. After staying in Waikiki and Maui before going to Kona, it was wonderful to just relax and not have to think about going anywhere.

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ten years later, if you want to know "How is the Kona Village Resort," go to my I-did-it-because-I'm-a-huge-fan website: www.davidskvr.net and see for yourself. It's called "Life in the Soft Lane" and with 265 pictures it describes KVR in detail. -- David