Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How far out do they book tickets to Cirque O?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to book tickets to Cirque O in Vegas on July 5th but booking sites are only selling tickets up til June 29th. Does anyone know when tickets for July will become available for booking?
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 07:20 AM

I can't specifically answer your question. For ages they only booked three months ahead. I just looked at the OFFICIAL site from Bellagio and O, the ONLY site where I would buy tickets, and see they are selling through May 16 only. I'm not sure how others are selling tickets in advance of that, unless they plan to "take orders" and then buy them when they become available. I was surprised recently here when someone mentioned that the O tickets were something like $190 each. I guess they are if you buy them from "scalper" websites or other ticket agencies. I'd stick with the O site for buying tickets where they won't be that much.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll check weekly and see what we come up with.
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM

We saw O in October. I found much a wider range of seat availability when I phoned for tickets instead of choosing seats on the official website. Used the 800 number on the site.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:50 AM

You will get access to better seats if you stay at Bellagio. You will need to book your hotel reservation first. I know this from first hand experience.

If you cancel your hotel reservation, I believe you lose your O seats.

Why don't you call the box office or the concierge at Bellagio today. >-
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Let me clarify. When I first called the box office about O tickets, I was asked if I was staying at the Bellagio. I told him no. He told me what seats were available...not so good.

I asked him if I would get better seats if I was staying there and he said yes.

I made hotel reservations at Bellagio, then called the box office back. They asked the same question and I told them yes. They asked for my reservation number and then told me ticket availability. Much, much better seats!

My "O" tickets were linked to my hotel reservation number. I remember reading somewhere that if changes or cancellations were made to your hotel reservation, you wouldn't have those particular seats. I don't remember the wording exactly...sorry!

But, give the box office a call TODAY! They will be able to tell you the exact day you and begin ordering tickets.

Like Betsey said, call the box office rather than doing it online.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:26 AM

I went to see O several years ago. I called the day they became available (if i recall it was exactly 3 months) and the 800 number should be able to tell you. I was very happy with my seats, front row balcony, it was a great view of the entire stage. I also know that the day of the performance you can wait in line for cancelled tickets. Again, the Bellagio should be able to give you the details. You can sometimes get great tickets this way. The downside is that the wait is sometimes very long. So bring a book and enjoy the great people watching at the Bellagio!
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM

I've lost track of how the hotels are related. Back a few years ago if you were staying at The Mirage you could book the advance tickets the same as if you were staying at The Bellagio -- not sure that is still true.

But one thing is clear. They are selling tickets openly considerably more than that 3 months in advance as they used to do, as a quick glance at their website with tickets into May will make clear.
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great info. We're not staying at Bellagio so we'll keep an eye on the website to see when they go on sale.