Reload this Page >

How early to Regis & Kelly?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:08 PM
Vicki

Okay, no jokes here folks, but we just rec'd tix to this TV taping during our NYC visit. (Finding out that our two days planned is just not nearly enough time for this city!). Has anyone (need tourists to help me out here) attended this taping? How early should we really get there? Paperwork says check in at 7:45 a.m. but fine print says that "ticket distribution is at times in excess of studio capacity and this letter does not guarantee admittance". My daughter is so into this stuff, it's unbelievable. She'd be disappointed not to get in. How early is realistic? And the same goes with the "Today" show? How early to get there to see Al Roker? (I told you she was into this stuff!).

Thanks. We are almost out of here so won't have too many more questions to post before leaving!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:13 PM
Loser

Sounds like your daughter is a real loser. She should get a life and stop trying to live through the celebrities she dreams about. What a freaking loser!!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:17 PM
Vicki

Actually Loser, she is interested in the technical side of the business. Heading to college to study stage management. She could care less about the celebrities. We are taking the Broadway Theatre Tour as well because she wants to see the theatres, not the stars.

I'm sure you are just trying to incite some sort of response and I'm glad most of the information I get from this board is positive.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:18 PM
carol

Vicki, pay n ot attention to the childless, they only seek to please themselves. I took my daughter and her friend to Regis, and I was glad we got there early - we were there around 7:15 and there was a small line already forming. The studio holds aprox. 140 and they always overbook. Most of the time we were outside (unlike Rosie, you are inside on line waiting and waiting and waiting. The studios are pretty chilly and you are not permitted to wear coats so layer the child! Regis is very into his audience, i am not a Regis fan, but he's great with kids, as is Kelly!
As for the Today show, what the show and you will know when Al's segments are- with the exception of Fridays when the concerts begin, and days when kids are off, you won't have a problem getting to see Al- people don't stay for the full show, and he goes back inside - so folks wander in and out so-to-speak.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:20 PM
Statia

Vicki:

I went to the Today Show a few years back and I remember people arriving about an hour beforehand. It didn't seem to get really crowded, though, until after the show had already started.

Hope this helps.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Vicki

Thanks Statia and Carol: Exactly what I needed to know!