Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How do I post a message to a specific state forum?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 09:29 PM
Carolyn

Maybe it's me!?...I'm trying to post my message to United States, Arizona. It comes up under U.S., but when I click Arizona, it's not there. Same thing happened to another message I posted. Does anyone know what the deal is? I'm at the "post a new message" page right now. After the name field and email addy field is "pick one or more subjects." So I click on and highlight Arizona. But it doesn't work. This is very frustrating. Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? lt;

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 03:56 AM
sam

I'm not sure why it's not working for you, but I will point out that EVEN if you are successful in linking your message to a state then it will STILL always show up in the general U.S. forum! That's why it's important to be very clear and specific in the header and/or message. I see a lot of people who will ask about a hotel on "55th" or something like that without specifying a city. They think that since the message is in the New York forum that everyone will know that. Not true...those of us who scan the US forum only won't have a clue.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 09:03 AM
repetitive

This question came up a couple of weeks ago. Here is the answer: THERE ARE NO STATE FORUMS. Clicking a specific state name during posting is a requirement, but, as far as I can tell, clicking a state has no effect on either the post's destination or its ability to be found through a subsequent search. As everyone who witnessed the overly shrill protest that took place when Hawaii and Forida were split out knows, all of the states are gathered in one crowded space--United States.

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 02:23 PM
clarifying

Clicking on/selecting a state when posting is NOT a requirement. There are NO state forums, everything comes up under the US general forum. The search function is lousy, and that's why you can't find your post when you search for Arizoa.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 04:10 AM
test

You hold down the Control key so that the state and the general interest section are both highlighted.