Reload this Page >

How do I get Lion King NY tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Barb

I am trying to get 3 tickets to the Lion King for April 11th or 12th. They seem to be sold out through ticketmaster or Broadway.com. I would really like good seats but I also don't want to pay outrageous mark ups to get them. Unfortunately, our dates in NY are not flexible. Any suggestions for other sources of tickets for Lion King? What is a reasonable mark up from a ticket broker?

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:09 PM
KATHY

I don't know how much ticket brokers in NYC mark up tickets, but here in Wisconsin tickets for Britney Spears were $30 and ticket brokers were asking and getting $150. The Lion King is a really popular show and the only way is probably through a ticket broker

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:23 AM
barb

Wow. It's amazing that anyone would actually pay $30 for Britney Spears, much less $150. Makes just about every other entertainment ripoff seem justified!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:36 AM
KATHY

I know, I'm not the one that wanted to see her. My 12 year old daughter wanted to see her. Even though I don't listen to her music, it was a good show. The dancing and pyrotechnics (Ithink that's how you spell it) were really good.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 07:18 AM
x

It would be worth 150.00 if she got nekkid.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:16 AM
GOL

Here are a couple of numbers posted to another newsgroup. They advertise Lion King. "phone 1-800-688-4000
Call Daytime only 1-732-280-3434 ext. 206 ask for Lou or Vinny"

Also, inside the Marriott Marquis is a ticket broker 'store'. We called the Conceirge to get the number. The ticket price was almost double (a $40 for $80).

If you can wait the year or so to get good seats, I would do so.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 09:38 AM
howard

The other alternative is to go down to the theater in the morning of the performance and wait with the other "hopefuls" for returns or cancellations. The question is,however, whether you want to kill the better part of day, potentially, to do that for less than a sure thing.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Diane

Barb,
You can order tickets through telecharge.com or check out Playbill.com, that is where I ordered my tickets through. I paid $85 for Orchestra seats about 12 rows back. Good Show!

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 12:51 PM
Jill

The Gorham Hotel has advertised that they have Lion King tickets for guests staying in their hotel. It is worth checking out!

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 09:44 AM
amy

I've noticed that there always seem to be Lion King tickets for sale on ebay, you might look to see if your dates are listed.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 11:02 AM
angelina

Cancellations ALWAYS happen. Believe me. When I was in New York last summer I was able to buy tickets for Lion King from the cancellation line without any problems. I showed up two hours before the performance. I believe that's when the line is supposed to start. There were only a few people ahead of my group. I don't know if that's normal (if people usually line up all day or not), but I did walk by in the morning and no one was there - with the exception of people waiting for standing-room only tickets (which go on sale when the box office opens).

If you're interested in the cancellation line, consider just stopping by the theater in the morning. See if a line is forming. If it isn't, ask the box office person when it usually does.

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 10:31 AM
M.Pagnotta

I work at the Cancer Research Fund of the Damon Runyon Walter Winchell Foundation. We sell Broadway tickets for double the price. We are not brokers, because the extra charge goes towards Cancer Research and is tax deductible. If interested you may call 1-800-445-2494 and ask for Broadway Tickets.