Search

Houseboat rental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 1998, 04:47 PM
John

Houseboat rental

We are thinking of renting a houseboat this summer. As we will be in the Las Vegas area, I am thinking of either Lake Mead or Lake Mohave. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Any help or info would be appreciated.

Old Feb 8th, 1998, 09:57 PM
Tricia

Looked in my AAA book and it says to call 1/800 255-5561- free brochure- this is for Lake Mead- here is a number for the Lake Mead Rec Area 702/293-8907

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 02:24 PM
Mary

Lake Mead would probably be your better bet. I do beleive it is a much bigger lake. I have been to Lake Mohave and am going to Lake Mead this summer. It does get very windy at these lakes in the afternoon. If you really wanted to have a great time...rent a houseboat at Lake Powell. The scenary is unforgetable!!!!

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 02:25 PM
Mary

Lake Mead would probably be your better bet. I do beleive it is a much bigger lake. You have much better access to marinas. I have been to Lake Mohave and am going to Lake Mead this summer. It does get very windy at these lakes in the afternoon. If you really wanted to have a great time...rent a houseboat at Lake Powell. The scenary is unforgetable!!!!

Old Feb 22nd, 1998, 09:26 AM
erin

I agree with Mary. Lake Powell is incredibly beautiful, and one of my favorite all-time vacations, having traveled many places throughout the world.

Old Feb 22nd, 1998, 07:48 PM
Polly

I have seen Lake Mead and I would never consider spending my time on it in a houseboat. The water is beautiful, but the surrounding terrain is desolate and very much overated. Please understand that my point of reference is that of an east coast native, but this lake is nothing like what I think of when I think of a beautiful lake. There are no trees, no coves or inlets...just a large body of water. Before my drive there from Las Vegas, I mentioned to a native that I was going to see "beautiful Lake Mead." "Huh!" she said...."Beautiful Lake Mead?" She laughed at me! Just my two cents worth.