Reload this Page >

House of Blues - Gospel Brunch?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:29 AM
asr

I am thinking of taking my parents to the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues in Chicago. Has anyone been there (or to any other HoB Gospel Brunch)? Is it fun? Boring? Overrated? How is the food? Is it worth the price tag?

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:00 AM
Merilee

I went to the House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch in Los Angeles a couple of years ago and I liked it...the food (buffet style), the entertainment...the only thing you can't do is talk because you can't hear with the singing and the music going on.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:20 AM
xxx

Went to the one in New Orleans 2 years ago and had a blast. The music was great. Food was good. Might be different menu at the Chicago one. Lots of New Orleans type food at this one, along with the other buffet staples.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:13 PM
loangalsal

Went to the Gospel Brunch at HOB in Downtown Disney/Florida and LOVED it! Excellent music, lots of fun. Food was certainly good (not great, but good for a buffet!). I would go again in any city I visit. Have fun!

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:15 PM
gail

Went to NOLA HOB. It was great! We had a great time and the food was incredible!

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:34 PM
kal

Aloha all,
Went to Chicago HOB 2 yrs ago and really liked it.
We got a seat on the floor and were up dancing, clapping and singing before the morning brunch was over. All voluntary...grouchy bro in law sat in his seat with his arms crossed firmly acrossed his chest. He showed us!

As mentioned, the food was pretty much "Bayou fare", hush puppies, fish, dirty rice and the usual breakfast foods, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, omlettes, grits...some good stuff like lox, good pasteries too.

We'd go again.
In fact, we had reservations at the NOLA HOB for the 9-16-01 brunch but the tour was canceled.

Kal

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Sue

Went to HOB Gospel Brunch in Myrtle Beach SC and had a great time- love this place anyway for the atmosphere, etc. The food was buffet style (they had the kitchen set up as the buffet line!) and my step mother joked that my dad always wanted to see if the kitchen was clean when he went out to eat so this was perfect for him! Lots of unhealthy food- fried chicken, sausage, cheesy grits, etc. so expect to have some heartburn. The group that was on stage that day was a local church band and the lead singer was wonderful. I was worried that my dad and step mom wouldn't get into the gospel thing but before we left they were clapping their hands and singing along. It was a great time and we even bought some souveniers before we left. I believe the buffet was $16.95 per person. Go and have fun!