Reload this Page >

Hotels under $100 near LAX

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2000, 05:50 AM
Casey

We need a relatively inexpensive hotel near LAX for Sunday June 4. Any suggestions under $100? Thanks.

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:14 AM
Bill Irving

Casey,
We are going to stay in the LAX area in July, & I used the Website :
www.Travelscape.com You can plug in your date,city(Los Angeles) for hotel reservations & it will bring up hotels & their rates. Then each listing has a link for hotel information. We will be staying at the Four Points LAX for about $50/night, but we get a travel discount to get that rate. Check some hotels for your specifics, there is a Quality Hotel LAX for $70-90, Howard Johnson for $100, Ramada & Wyndom were both listed for under $100 for 4JUN. Not sure exact location but you can go the website & look yourself.

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:19 AM
casey

Thanks, Bill.
I will check it out. $50/night sounds great, but I'm sure those rates are few and far between. Have a good one.

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:32 AM
tom

possibly the Hacienda Hotel, in El Segundo, about 2 miles south of LAX. I've heard they have some under $100 promotionals. It appears to be popular with many flight crews.

The hotel is on busy Sepulveda Blvd, could be noisy depending on room location & soundproofing quality.

Location (south of LAX) is far more preferable to some other hotels that advertise low rates. The whole Century Blvd corridor east of LAX is very seedy if you go more than a few blocks east of the main airport entrance. I strongly advise against any hotel that is east of the San Diego (405) freeway in the east-west Century Blvd/ Imperial Highway airport corridor.

A bit further south (~5 miles), there are Holiday Inn Express & Comfort Inn, both on Sepulveda Blvd in Manhattan Beach. If these are within your budget (don't know rates), this is a far better location to be in, even for just 1 night.

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:47 AM
Casey

Bill,
Can you get freq. flyer miles when booking on Travelscape? I found a pretty decent option (I think) for $81 at Embassy Suites and was wondering if I can collect miles.
Casey

Old May 25th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Bill

Casey,
Meant to say that the $50 rate is a travel industry rate. I have a relative who works for Starwood hotels, & my wife works for an airline. comes in handy. The $50 rate is about 1/2 of the posted rate for the time we are staying. When you reserve a room or when you check in, if you have the option & if the hotel is close to LAX, request a room that is not facing the airport, could be rather noisey. I have heard that airport noise can be a problem there. (Unlike hotels near O'Hare in Chicago which usually, but not always, have very good noise insulation.)

Old May 25th, 2000, 07:03 AM
Bill

Casey,
Must have posted at the same time as your previous note. Don't know about the flyer miles. Since my wife works for an airline, we can't really use the miles anyways. You might try calling the hotel, or if there is an 800 number for Embassy Suites, try that & ask them. Sometimes the web site rates are only when booking from the www. But, I have also found that for some of them, you can get the rates also if you phone in the reservation. Either way, you could still inquire by phone if you can get miles with a web reservation. Good Luck.

Old May 25th, 2000, 04:41 PM
Dianna

Just stayed at the Quality last Friday night and rooms were clean and staff great and shuttle goes every 15 minutes. Got it for $65 online, forgot which site.

Old May 25th, 2000, 05:33 PM
Charles

Hi Casey - I just sent you a coupon for 50% off at the above mentioned Quality Inn. I found it on LodgingDiscounts.com.
Hope this helps.