Hotels near Loews L'Enfant??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Rebecca

Please help a lost Limey!

I will be attending an event at the Loews L'Enfant Hotel in May, but the rates and reviews are not very inspiring. What are the other hotels nearby - maybe in walking distance? I'm hoping for a rate of $150 ish. Thanks for your help and advice. I am having trouble finding an online map that shows the hotels.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:18 AM
TvlPro

The following hotels are 0-1 mile from the Loews:
LOEWS LENFANT PLAZA 0N
HOLIDAY INN CAPITOLSMITHS 0NE
HOTEL WASHINGTON 0NW
HARRINGTON HOTEL 0N
CHANNEL INN HOTEL 0S
OAKWOOD LEXINGTON AT MKT 1N
BW CAPITOL SKYLINE HOTEL 1E
JW MARRIOTT HOTEL 1N
COURTYARD CONVENTION CENT 1N
THE WILLARD INTER-CONTINE 1NW
HYATT REGENCY WASHINGTON 1NE
HOLIDAY INN ON THE HILL 1NE
MARRIOTT METRO CENTER 1N
GRAND HYATT WASHINGTON 1N
THE WASHINGTON COURT HOTE 1NE
BW DWNTWN CAP HILL 1NE
CAPITOL HILL SUITES 1E
HOTEL GEORGE 1NE
HH HILTON GARDEN INN WASHING 1N
RT SOFITEL WASHINGTON DC 1NW

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Rebecca

That's very helpful thank you!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Eva

If you haven't tried it yet, try going through capitalreservations.com. They usually have the best rates in DC. We booked Loews through them a few years back for about $100.
Eva

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM
r-travels

Red Roof Inn

Stayed there recently - not fancy, but clean, safe, quiet, convenient, & economical. About 1 block from GalleryPlace / Chinatown Metro stop, get on yellow or green line & go 2 stops to L'Enfant.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Christina

The HOliday Inn Capitol (at C St) is the closest and is right next to the same metro stop (L'Enfant Plaza, Maryland Ave exit). That is a BIG metro stop underground, runs at least a block. There isn't any other hotel that close, so you'd probably want to take the metro to the event, in which case pick a hotel on the same line to save time. That would be the Capitol Hill Suites (east on Cap Hill, of course) or something around Metro Center, Archives (don't think there's any hotel here, not sure) or Gallery Place.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Christina

The HOliday Inn Capitol (at C St) is the closest and is right next to the same metro stop (L'Enfant Plaza, Maryland Ave exit). That is a BIG metro stop underground, runs at least a block. There isn't any other hotel that close, so you'd probably want to take the metro to the event, in which case pick a hotel on the same line where you don't have to transfer to save time. That would be the Capitol Hill Suites (east on Cap Hill, of course) or something around Metro Center, McPherson Square, Archives (don't think there's any hotel here, not sure) or Gallery Place. I think there are a couple nice hotels now around McPherson/Franklin Squares.