Hotels/motels in Madison, Wisconsin

Old Jan 14th, 1997, 07:41 PM
Joe Ferris

Hotels/motels in Madison, Wisconsin

An excellent place to stay in Madison is the Mansion Hill Bed and Breakfast. It is not cheap; in fact it is pretty expensive but it is great. It is within a few blocks of the capital. We have been staying there for a number of years and I consider it to be very safe.

Old Jan 22nd, 1997, 09:08 PM
Beth

Thanks for the information about the bed and breakfast. I love staying at them. Unfortunately we will be going to a railroading convention and usually rise at the crack of dawn to go train-watching and touring. So it might be hard to arrange breakfasts at 5 a.m. If anyone has any other suggestions we'd appreciate them.

Old Jan 22nd, 1997, 09:26 PM
Beth

Thanks for the information about the bed and breakfast. I love staying at them. Unfortunately we will be going to a railroading convention and usually rise at the crack of dawn to go train-watching and touring. So it might be hard to arrange breakfasts at 5 a.m. If anyone has any other suggestions we'd appreciate them.

Old Mar 16th, 1997, 07:52 PM
MikeInMadison

If you are looking for a place near the convention center, which is located two blocks from the state Capitol building in the heart of downtown Madison, then there are several hotels to choose from. (There are a lot of hotels in Madison, but I would recommend staying downtown to get a real taste of the city.) The Concourse Hotel, the Inn on the Park, and the Edgewater Hotel are all within walking distance of the convention center, the Capitol, State Street, and the UW campus. The University Inn and the Madison Inn are located on State Street and are probably less expensive than the others, although all accomodations are reasonable. Safe area, many things to see & places to eat, great for walking. You'll love Mad-Town!

Old Mar 16th, 1997, 07:53 PM
MikeInMadison

If you are looking for a place near the convention center, which is located two blocks from the state Capitol building in the heart of downtown Madison, then there are several hotels to choose from. (There are a lot of hotels in Madison, but I would recommend staying downtown to get a real taste of the city.) The Concourse Hotel, the Inn on the Park, and the Edgewater Hotel are all within walking distance of the convention center, the Capitol, State Street, and the UW campus. The University Inn and the Madison Inn are located on State Street and are probably less expensive than the others, although all accomodations are reasonable. Safe area, many things to see & places to eat, great for walking. You'll love Mad-Town!

Old Apr 2nd, 1997, 10:46 AM
Beth

Lucky you going to Madison. I spent four years there for school and love to go back. Just want to second the information that Mike gave you re: hotels. Edgewater is my favorite but pricier than some of the others. Madison Inn was always a great value and clean - right in the heart of all the campus activity.

Old Apr 3rd, 1997, 06:44 AM
Jean

I'll second Mike's message. We've lived in Madison for 32 yrs. and love it. All hotels/motels he mentioned are good and convenient to most everything. Mansion Hill is very pricey and I'd pass on that. Be sure to take a walk along State St. which runs off the Capitol Square. It's where you'll get a flavor of the city. Feel free to contact us for any more information.
I