Reload this Page >

Hotels in Washington DC

Search

Hotels in Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Lindsey

Hotels in Washington DC

Having looked back on some previous posts on the topic, the Radisson Barcelo seems to come highly recommended by Fodorites, but I've also heard good things about the Doyle Normandy Hotel, and have been offered great rates at the St. Gregory Suites for the first weekend in February. All three are offering $99 per night - anybody have any info which would help my decision? Thanks.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Christina

they are probably all fine hotels, but if you can't choose for other reasons, I would pick the Radisson Barcelo for convenience to the metro (only about 1 block away), then St Gregory Suites. The Doyle Normandy is not far, of course, but it's probably about 5-6 blocks away from the metro stop, slightly uphill. Assuming you'll be walking around a lot anyway, you might get tired of that, and the weather can be nasty in February, you never know. There are more restaurants etc close by to the others, also, especially Radisson.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Emily

Hi Lindsey,

I have never stayed at this Radisson, however, I stay across the street at the Residence Inn about every 6 weeks. The area of Dupont Circle is great to stay in because of the availability of so many great restaurants at nite. You can enjoy going out at nite without having to worry about cabs. It has a great neighborhood feel to it!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 02:07 AM
Lindsey

Thanks for the advice - looks like it's the Radisson! Lx

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Howard

Agree witht he above posters that you can't go wrong at any of the places. However, there was an ad in yesterday's NY Times for the St. Gregory - stay one night for $139 per room, and stay the second night for $1. This would be a great deal, and if available, I would jump at it.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Lindsey

Thanks for the tip, Howard - I'm booked! $140 plus tax for two nights - not bad! Thank you for all your help.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:37 PM
humblejohn

Choose a hotel and then go to the website or call the 800 # and ask for the lowest rates. We stayed at the radisson barcelo for $99. Be tough because they don't want to give you anything. Business is very slow for some dc hotels.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Stephanie P.

Lindsey:

Look in Lodging.com and fill in the blanks. When picking out hotels in the area, it will give you an idea of the location and price of the place and many times a picture.