Reload this Page >

Hotels in the carolina's and Savannah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:26 AM
Anthony Forsyth

hey my sister, brother-inlaw and i are travelling along the east coast and stopping in Savannah GA, Wilmington NC and Charleston SC. We wondering if it would be okay just to turn up and find accomodation or should we book before we leave home.

Thanks anthony

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:38 AM
OliveOyl

What time of year Anthony? The end of March and beginning of April I wouldn't show up in Savannah without a reservation.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Anthony Forsyth

Olve we would be going at the start of November. thanks anthony

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 06:39 AM
wintertraveler

Look for B&B's in Savannah - I think you would enjoy the experience much more - or maybe a smaller boutique style hotel. The old homes and lovely and the many garden park squares are such a part of the experience, you shouldn't miss out on waking to them each morning. I can't recommend the one we stayed in (unfortunately the woman was a little too eccentric for us, even though it was an "adventure"), but the book "Romantic Days and Nights in Savannah" might help or just do a search online at bbonline.com or bedandbreakfast.com. Have fun!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Joann

Try the Ballastone Inn in Savannah. We went in October of 1999 & had a great time!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:14 PM
OliveOyl

Anthony, For Savannah anyway, that time frame is better than some others, but you would still be better off reserving in advance, which will ensure that you get not only the location you want, but price range too. For location, historic district is best but the room rates run the gamut, so if you have your heart set on a certain range, book in advance and travel with some peace of mind.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Serena

There are many nice places to stay in Charleston. I remember staying at The Indigo Inn there a number of years ago. It was a small place, very nice. Friends of mine have stayed at The Mulberry Inn in Savannah and also The River Street Inn. They liked both of these places. You might enjoy staying in the Wrightsville Beaach area near Wilmington, N. C. It is very nice.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 08:02 AM
kelly

I agree with the posters who recommend a B&B or small inn in Savannah, but do stay at the Charleston Place in Charleston (when we were there it was an Omni hotel but I'm not sure if it still is). It is a fantastic hotel, beautiful, gracious and right in the middle of town.