Search

Hotels in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 11:10 AM
Roger Finn

Hotels in Seattle

I intend to travel for my holiday to Seattle and Vancouver in July this year from England with 4 nights in each and would be grateful if you could recommend me any hotels in downtown Seattle (US$100-150 per night).Also if anyone knows any good hotel discount websites on the net that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Roger

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:43 PM
ldsant

July is the peak season in Seattle and Vancouver. Gorgeous weather, summer is the best here! You might be better off looking at priceline, hotwire, quikbooks to reserve something for that time period rather than going to the hotels. There are also a couple of B/Bs in Seattle that would be within your price range. Good luck. If you need any other help, please feel free to email me directly (do a search to find my email address).

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:39 AM
Donna F

We stayed at the Inn at Queen Ann last July. It's in your price range and in a decent location. We walked up to the Seattle Center and took the monorail to the downtown area. It's in a residential area with several restaurants close by. I thought the rooms were a little shabby but clean. We had a little kitchenette but no air conditioning and no elevators. Some rooms do have air conditioning.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Nark

Geez, people, PRICELINE.COM is a service ONLY AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S.A.

(or, technically, to those who have a billing address in the United States)

There are indeed ways to cheat around that rule but it probably isn't good advice to give someone traveling FROM ENGLAND.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Gin

Do NOT, I repeat, NOT consider the Pacific Plaza, which we found online. Pictures looked quite acceptable, price was right, location good. The rooms were small, cramped, old plumbing and probably old wiring. Only the location lived up to the hype. We arrived late and were too tired to make a fuss, but it was truly sleepless in Seattle.