Hotels in Port Townsend/Port Angeles area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a fairly reasonable hotel in the Port Townsend/Port Angeles area?
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:02 PM

While not a hotel..it's charming The Juan de Fuca cottages are located on Dungeness Bay. They have a great view and full kitchens. They actually are located in Sequim between Port Townsend and Port Angeles.There are some hotels closer to/in Port Townsend although I can't remember the names. We found them by looking at lodging/Pt Townsend. Personally, I think Port Townsend has far more charm than Port Angeles.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 03:17 AM

Two PT hotels come to mind:
The Harborside (a motor inn). Rooms are straightforward, comfortable and modern, nothing too special there, but ask for an upper floor room overlooking the water. You'll have a private balcony directly overlooking the bay, which is worth the price of the room!
The other choice would be the Swan Inn. Very nice, practically on top of the marina at the end of Water Street (the main street in PT).
PT abounds in B&Bs, but I'm not a B&B type person, I prefer hotels. Some of the B&Bs in PT seem too over the top with kitsch and frou frou for our taste.
Restaurants in PT worth trying include Sentosa (Japanese), Khu Larb (GREAT Thai, my favorite Thai restaurant in the entire U.S.), Lonny's (sp?) for Italian.
Check the web site www.ptguide.com for detailed info on the above and a lot more.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:25 AM

In Port Townsend there is a nice little B&B type place called Morgan Hill Guest Cottage. It is a tiny little house that is stocked with lots of things for breakfast and it is not decorated all cutesy. It also sits high up and you can sit on the patio and look at the water. The house is just a 1 room place, so you never see the owners. Its sort of hard to describe...but we went there for our anniversary after seeing recommendations on this board for it and it was wonderful!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:02 AM

We checked out the Swan Inn and it does look very nice. A restaurant recommendation or two: In Port Townsend:The Fountain Steps Cafe
In Sequim:The Three Crabs
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:25 AM

We stayed at the Harborside Inn and liked it. As stated in the former post, request an upper room with a view of the marina. They even serve a fairly descent continental breakfast, providing little trays in case you want to take it back to your room.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 12:31 AM

I've been thinking about going to Pt. Townsend myself. There are lots of B&B's and Manresa Castle, a former monastary is probably one of the more interesting places to stay.