Hotels in NY 50-100$

Search

Hotels in NY 50-100$

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Eran

Hotels in NY 50-100$

Hi all
My wife and i are travveling to NY in April and are wondering about good hotels in Manhattan for about 50-100$
Ideas?
Thanks

Old Mar 12th, 2000, 10:17 AM
howard

First of all, what do you mean by "good"? You'll have a tough time finding anything decent at that price, and it probably won't be in a good and/or convenient neighborhood. And remember, when get prices, you've got to add 13.25% tax, plus an addition $2 room tax.

Old Mar 12th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Caitlin

For under $100, you may not have a private bathroom. If that's not a problem, check out the Murray Hill Inn, where a double will run you $75-$85 before taxes. Cable TV, phone in room, shared bathroom, no elevator, but it's clean and friendly, conveniently located on E 30th St.--not hard to get to tourist destinations, and a safe and nice enough neighborhood (I know because I live a block away). They have a website: www.murrayhillinn.com.

Old Mar 12th, 2000, 10:16 PM
Tara

First, you must do your homework. Apprise yourself of the typical rates at hotels in NYC during the time you plan to visit. Then, search the web like the dickens. Good sites are www.180096hotel.com to determine what's available (their offerings are extensive). Then, you may want to try a bid at Priceline.com. All in all though, you're not likely to find a "good" (all depending upon what you mean by that) hotel in the $50-100 range. You may want to save more or stay fewer days...

Old Mar 13th, 2000, 04:50 AM
Owen O'Neill

Your best bet in that $$ range is to get a room with shared bath. Typically there are only a few rooms sharing the bath (which will be in the hall close to your room). Hotels like this, including the Warwick and the Murray Hill Inn, are often very nice but have to price these rooms cheaply. You may luck out and find a room with privayte bath through one of the consolidators or grab a special at $95 night (before taxes) but if you can live with the shared bath a good room can be had for $60-85 per night.